Goth Meet Oct. 2010

fatspider

Link Posted 30/10/2010 - 21:01
Well it looks like I'm the first to post, despite leaving it until 9pm.

Another good day was had by one and all, and it was a pleasure to finally meet Father Ted.

Heres my first contribution, not my best but I dont want to edit those on a crappy laptop screen

My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

greynolds999

Link Posted 30/10/2010 - 22:04
Some of us just got home! Made quite good time.

I'm starting to enjoy the group more and more. Best meet yet!
My Photobucket

beginner

Link Posted 30/10/2010 - 22:05
Where were you lot hiding?......I only found Mr Trout!....in the pub most like!
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!

davidtrout

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 00:12
Gothic Steps

This is my first post from today's meet, taken on the famous steps.
Yes, I met Ken and Mrs Beginner up in the churchyard. It was good to meet Father Ted and Neil, gtis, for the first time.
David.
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Last Edited by davidtrout on 31/10/2010 - 00:17

K10D

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 00:24
fatspider wrote:
Well it looks like I'm the first to post, despite leaving it until 9pm.

Another good day was had by one and all, and it was a pleasure to finally meet Father Ted.

Heres my first contribution, not my best but I dont want to edit those on a crappy laptop screen

Good opening shot Alan, glad it all went well.

Every shot I,ve posted on this site was edited on a laptop, so by using a desktop, I can get even better images?

Well that's good news.

Best regards
Last Edited by K10D on 31/10/2010 - 00:25

Technoblurb

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 07:27
Thanks for a great day folks, I managed to get home about 9:00 after a distracted stop at our local Alcan plant, it was lit up like a Christmas tree. Sorry we missed you Ken, our itinerary consisted of cooked breakfast, coffee, beer, beer, beer, fish & chips and when we were looking for photo opportunities Gareth was constantly pleading for more beer, coffee, beer and so on.. It was nice to see Dave again and also meet up with Father Ted for the first time, sorry Amber could not make the trip I hope you feel better soon.

Nice silhouette David, I ma afraid you will have to wait for my offerings, I have a new laptop and have left my Spyder 3 calibration tool at work.

Graham

Technoblurb

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 08:15
Well I could not resist this shot, the last shot of the day with my camera balanced on a bin.

K10D

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 08:28
davidtrout wrote:
Gothic Steps

This is my first post from today's meet, taken on the famous steps.
Yes, I met Ken and Mrs Beginner up in the churchyard. It was good to meet Father Ted and Neil, gtis, for the first time.
David.

I like the silhouette David. Good capture.

Best regards

K10D

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 08:30
Technoblurb wrote:
Well I could not resist this shot, the last shot of the day with my camera balanced on a bin.

A lovely image, maybe crop the bottom to remove the edge?

Best regards

Technoblurb

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 09:29
K10D wrote:
Technoblurb wrote:

Best regards

I tried a crop out the edge of the fence, for me the composition felt imbalanced. I had my tripod in the boot of the car and should have used it, that will teach me not to be lazy. If you have a suggestion feel free to give it a go.

davidtrout

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 10:36
Lip service

Getting up close.
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

DOIK

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 10:53

I agree a crop will not work, shrubs cloned in and a cloud added to fill in the space above the Abbey.
John

K10D

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 10:53
Technoblurb wrote:
K10D wrote:
Quote:

Best regards

I tried a crop out the edge of the fence, for me the composition felt imbalanced. I had my tripod in the boot of the car and should have used it, that will teach me not to be lazy. If you have a suggestion feel free to give it a go.

What about cloning?

Just an idea?

Best regards

K10D

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 11:51
DOIK wrote:

I agree a crop will not work, shrubs cloned in and a cloud added to fill in the space above the Abbey.
John

Love the cloud over the abbey, it's straight out of "weird science".

Best regards

Father Ted

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 13:19
Just about to start processing mine. Got home at 22:15 and started decorating the house for Hallowe'en
It was good to meet you guys and finally put faces to the (user)names! Already working on Mrs Ted to make a weekend of it next year!

I like your shot of the abbey, it was worth the messing around to get it
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.