Godox


SteveEveritt

Link Posted 15/07/2019 - 16:42
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Godox system will trigger a Pentax brand flash? af-540fgz & af-540fgzii and could I use the AD200 alongside these flashes?
Thanks.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 26/07/2019 - 16:32
Thanks for your help
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

pschlute

Link Posted 26/07/2019 - 17:05
SteveEveritt wrote:
Thanks for your help

I do quite a bit of flash work with the flashes off camera. I don't have any experience of any Godox products, so was unable to respond to your original question. you will do better asking on PentaxForums.

if your post today was meant to show displeasure, remember that communication is a two way street https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/flash-in-lv-62191
Peter



My Flickr page

Don

Link Posted 27/07/2019 - 20:27
the godox system is proprietary radio signals. they do make a trigger and a small tt350p flash unit both of which will fire your ad200 with full hs ttl for pentax. if you already have the ad200, check for firmware updates and buy the tt350p flash becuase it DOES work as a both a on camera flash and a controller for the ad200 if you can't afford both a second flash and a transmitter
this does NOT fire the pentax units in P-ttl which is controlled by pre-flash.
you CAN use them all together in manual mode or A mode though as the optical slaves on the pentax will fire when they see the godox units fire....

for the record, I ditched the pentax flash units... once I bought Godox to use with my sony a7iii and realized how much better the new godox flash units were, I opted to simply add a tt350p to my pentax as a controller becuase the tt350p acts as controller on the pentax but STILL works with the sony trigger and the rest of the flash units in the godox system.... on both cameras.


Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Last Edited by Don on 27/07/2019 - 20:37

Helpful

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 30/07/2019 - 16:57
Don wrote:
the godox system is proprietary radio signals. they do make a trigger and a small tt350p flash unit both of which will fire your ad200 with full hs ttl for pentax. if you already have the ad200, check for firmware updates and buy the tt350p flash becuase it DOES work as a both a on camera flash and a controller for the ad200 if you can't afford both a second flash and a transmitter
this does NOT fire the pentax units in P-ttl which is controlled by pre-flash.
you CAN use them all together in manual mode or A mode though as the optical slaves on the pentax will fire when they see the godox units fire....

for the record, I ditched the pentax flash units... once I bought Godox to use with my sony a7iii and realized how much better the new godox flash units were, I opted to simply add a tt350p to my pentax as a controller becuase the tt350p acts as controller on the pentax but STILL works with the sony trigger and the rest of the flash units in the godox system.... on both cameras.


Awesome, Thanks Don. That's set my mind at ease
Just one question, if i trigger one of the flashes will they all fire? I want to be able to walk around a large room with a flash in my hand and fire off the flashes from different places but with the camera in the same place, so I can balance the light in a large room.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Last Edited by SteveEveritt on 30/07/2019 - 17:59

Don

Link Posted 30/07/2019 - 18:26
SteveEveritt wrote:

Awesome, Thanks Don. That's set my mind at ease
Just one question, if i trigger one of the flashes will they all fire? I want to be able to walk around a large room with a flash in my hand and fire off the flashes from different places but with the camera in the same place, so I can balance the light in a large room.

Godox units (at least the ad200) have optical sensors built in so they can fire in manual mode when they see the flash from other units... but if your pentax units are firing in p-ttl mode that would not work becuase of the preflash from the p-ttl...

if you use a godox flash or transmitter to trigger everything in "A" or manual mode that would be easy as long as you have optical slaves built in or added to your non godox units.

another example: I can stack my elinchrom skypokrt transmitter to the godox transmitter and fire my studio strobes .... but again ttl exposure will be affected... so manual flash works better...

bottom line, if you invest in four ad200's and one tt350 for event shooting you could put a bare bulb ad200 in each corner of the room and the tt350 on camera and light a pretty large room... with full ttl... but mixing different brand flash units, is possible with A or M flash.

trust me... for the price of one pentax unit you can get several godox flashes and you'll NEVER regret selling off the pentax for godox.

anybody wanna buy my old elinchrom studio lights? I'm selling those off to buy a Godox ad400 with elinchrom adapter for my elinchrom light modifiers and I'm ditching (selling) my Metz 44 P-ttl and pentax off camera cable kit.. (that used to be the ONLY reliable way to get pentax to fire off camera p-ttl in hss). to buy more godox!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Last Edited by Don on 30/07/2019 - 18:51

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 24/09/2019 - 22:39
The newest Pentax flash will work with the AD200 as it turns out because it can be programmed to wireless and a channel number
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

Don

Link Posted 25/09/2019 - 15:18
SteveEveritt wrote:
The newest Pentax flash will work with the AD200 as it turns out because it can be programmed to wireless and a channel number

Which newest Pentax flash?
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.