Go With the Flow

Nigelk

Link Posted 06/04/2021 - 20:51
A walk around the potato field

Flan

Link Posted 06/04/2021 - 21:52
hi Nigelk, i presume picture 7 is the photo you chose for the Gallery and it appears less contrasty (dark) than it appears on the example you have on this thread. It is just an observation , is there a reason for this

davidwozhere

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 00:12
That's a super field!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

jvs

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 08:10
Everyone should be lining up to comment on this set! Mind-bending!
John

K10D

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 08:31
You have captured these impressive scenes very well. Good photography and processing. Well done and a pleasure to view.

Best regards

Nigelk

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 13:50
Flan wrote:
hi Nigelk, i presume picture 7 is the photo you chose for the Gallery and it appears less contrasty (dark) than it appears on the example you have on this thread. It is just an observation , is there a reason for this

Flan, you presume incorrectly. I walked past this field with the wife the evening of the 6th, took a handful of shots came home and processed them in LR, putting the example in the gallery here. Last evening the 7th we got more lovely low sun that gives a great natural contrast to start from so, back up the field I went on my own with a longer lens, 55-300wr. Having digested the originals of the sixth I felt inclined to closer crops and even more contrasty development as I wanted to go more in the direction of abstract with these lovely subtle curves and waves in the landscape, the above images are the result. The long lens really helps to isolate sections of the field and adds to the perceived amount of movement in the forms.
I look forward to wandering back when the potatoes start to sprout, could be interesting.

So pleased it's not just me enjoying this potato field, thank you all.

philstaff

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 15:50
Nice set well done

Lubbyman

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 20:01
Curves, cusps, contrast - great stuff!

And plenty of chips when harvest time comes...

Looking forward to seeing how it changes as the spuds grow and are then harvested.

Steve

Tyr

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 21:06
I really like these captures. They make for great artistic compositions.
Regards,
Dan

https://www.flickr.com/photos/honourabletyr/

Sry

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 21:26
Great set, Nigel, I'm sure you had plenty of fun playing with form and light. The first and last come out as my favorite 'abstracts' of the lot, whereas 5 pulls me in with its foresty suggestion that there might be more to that abstractness than meets the eye.

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 08/04/2021 - 17:57
Very arty Nigel...almost looks like strips of plastiscene have been laid on landscape.

Telephoto lens great for these type of shots as you so ably demonstrate.

regards

Karlo

womble

Link Posted 08/04/2021 - 21:56
Super photos. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

MrB

Link Posted 09/04/2021 - 09:38
A fascinating set of abstractions and a wonderful field of view!

(Sorry.....I'll get me coat.)

Philip
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.