GLOSSARY
Posted 20/11/2005 - 23:57
Link
Hi Mac,
It doesn't have Bokeh but does have most of the technical terms. Hope you've got a strong mind. http://www.angelfire.com/biz/Leica/page14.html
Kim
It doesn't have Bokeh but does have most of the technical terms. Hope you've got a strong mind. http://www.angelfire.com/biz/Leica/page14.html
Kim
Posted 20/11/2005 - 23:58
Link
Hi Mac
There are lots of books available covering both general photography and lenses in particular.
It's a fascinating subject. Ideally I would start with a trip to the local library or a good bookstore and have a browse. Alternatively, eBay has a good selection of books old and new.
If you want an introduction to lenses a fairly informative and relatively painless one would be "The Lens Book" by Roger Hicks and Frances Shultz (David & Charles, ISBN 0 7153 0149 7). A good source for purchasing might be Amazon.com
There are lots of books available covering both general photography and lenses in particular.
It's a fascinating subject. Ideally I would start with a trip to the local library or a good bookstore and have a browse. Alternatively, eBay has a good selection of books old and new.
If you want an introduction to lenses a fairly informative and relatively painless one would be "The Lens Book" by Roger Hicks and Frances Shultz (David & Charles, ISBN 0 7153 0149 7). A good source for purchasing might be Amazon.com
Best regards, John
Posted 21/11/2005 - 00:16
Link
Kim,
Dictionary has been memorized.
But just in case, I've put it on my Favorites list. (Short term memory's starting to go.)
John,
I'll go look for The Lens Book.
Thank's to you both as usual.
Cheers
Dictionary has been memorized.
But just in case, I've put it on my Favorites list. (Short term memory's starting to go.)
John,
I'll go look for The Lens Book.
Thank's to you both as usual.
Cheers
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2277 posts
24 years
Can someone point me at a glossary of terms having to do with photography? - more specifically lenses?
Stuff like Bokeh and Flare?
I'm out of my depth - again!
Thanks