Gigapixel camera anyone?
Posted 21/06/2012 - 19:43
Link
Quote:
In many instances, the camera can capture images of things that photographers cannot see themselves but can then detect when the image is viewed later.
I found my K10D would do that with 10MP, but then maybe my eyesight (even with specs) is not 20-20.In many instances, the camera can capture images of things that photographers cannot see themselves but can then detect when the image is viewed later.
I suppose as technology moves on GB pics will be the norm and PCs (if they still exist as such) will have 100TB hard drives and speeds to match. How long ago was it that 1.3MP cameras were the'cutting edge' and 'why would you want anything more than a 20MB hard drive'
regards
Bernard
Posted 22/06/2012 - 03:50
Link
My first hard drive was 20Mb. 20 years later I now run 3TB hard drives.
That's a 150,000x increase. In 20 years if I'm still alive ( eek! ) will I be running 450Pb ( petabyte ) drives
That's a 150,000x increase. In 20 years if I'm still alive ( eek! ) will I be running 450Pb ( petabyte ) drives
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 22/06/2012 - 10:07
Link
Now, should I put off my K5 purchase and wait for the Pentax version......
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
Posted 22/06/2012 - 13:31
Link
andyvarney wrote:
Now, should I put off my K5 purchase and wait for the Pentax version......
Only if its a FF sensor
Now, should I put off my K5 purchase and wait for the Pentax version......
"He's not the Messiah, ..."
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2545 posts
17 years
Wakefield
LINKY