Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Gate-Crasher Needs Strap

ronniemac
Posted 07/02/2013 - 00:00 Link
Just in-case you haven't seen the last post in Howie's thread below, I have gate-crashed your ranks, and now, finally, have a 645n. I read nice things about this camera, but they weren't really correct.

This is not a nice camera, it's nothing less than drop dead gorgeous! So well thought out, clearly designed by photographers for photographers. But you, in this particular corner of PENTAX user already know all that. I am so looking forward to taking it out with a film on Sunday.

I will be trawling through all the posts because I will learn a great deal from them, but I do have one simple question: Does anyone know where I can buy a strap, or more particularly, the clips that connect to the lugs on the 645?

Yes, I will normally have it either in a back pack or on the stand, but I was brought up to don the camera strap before doing anything with a camera, and this is how I intend to continue. I have the FA 45 2.8 lens, and would like to also use it hand held, it is not as heavy as I had feared.

So, if you do know where I might obtain one, please do direct me.

Many thanks.
Crossed-up
Posted 07/02/2013 - 01:14 Link
My Images
K1 II|K3|DA10-17|DA*16-50|FA31|DA*50-135|DA*200|DA*300|Sigma 150-500
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 07/02/2013 - 06:33 Link
I think the only suitable model you'll find available new is the OPTECH Super Pro STRAP B. The "B" part is very important as it denotes the correct clasps to attach it to the camera.

It's decently made and comfortable and I paid around 20 quid for it, which is significantly less than people ask for a used genuine 645 strap. The seller I bought it from on the bay (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/duracomsupply) doesn't seem to have it at the moment though, but I'm sure others will.

Have fun with the camera. I've had mine (not the "N" model though) since last summer and the quality is great. Try Fuji 160NS colour film, which isn't available in 35mm, the colours are superb and the grain extremely fine. It's not the easiest to get hold of though.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
vic cross
Posted 07/02/2013 - 10:39 Link
Ronniemac. I've got one. Make me a sensible offer. It doesn't have Pentax written on it but it is genuine. It came with my 645 which I mainly used for weddings therefore it was on a tripod most of the time. When I sold the 645 the strap was left in the draw with other straps and bits and pieces so is in brand new condition apart from 2 small (1sq mm)bits of black off of one of the fixing rivets.
I'm just 50miles away in Kettering.
You can PM me if you're interested.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
vic cross
Posted 07/02/2013 - 10:54 Link
Comment Image
Ronniemac. Photo of strap. CHEERS Vic. Edit. see second rivet up for 2 small white bits. Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Edited by vic cross: 07/02/2013 - 10:55
ronniemac
Posted 07/02/2013 - 11:39 Link
Thanks for all the responses regarding straps for the 645, and for the tip on Fuji 160NS colour film, Jonathan.

Very big thanks to Vic for finding one that you are prepared to sell. Can I make an offer of £25 - perhaps on the low side, but do let me know if you can accept it please.

Looking forward to a 645 Sunday.
Diopter
Posted 07/02/2013 - 12:42 Link
Hi Ronniemac, Welcome to the world of 645. I have recently gone digital as in 645D, but have a remote/bulb cable left from my N. It's your for free if you want it. Give me a call.
Have fun.
Pete
vic cross
Posted 07/02/2013 - 15:20 Link
ronniemac. PM sent. CHEERS Vic.
ronniemac
Posted 07/02/2013 - 18:48 Link
PM sent Vic, very many thanks.
ronniemac
Posted 07/02/2013 - 18:49 Link
Thanks for the welcome Pete, and indeed for the offer of a cable release. I have sent you a PM.
vic cross
Posted 08/02/2013 - 18:49 Link
Ronnie. Strap posted 1st. class today. Fri. 08/02/2013 at 11.30 approx. Should be with you tomrrow Sat. 09/02/2013. PM sent. CHEERS Vic
ronniemac
Posted 13/02/2013 - 18:27 Link
The strap arrived today, very nice it is too. Big thanks to Vic.
vic cross
Posted 14/02/2013 - 10:01 Link
Ronnie. See equipment thread. Cameras over the years, for a selection of remote release cables. Maybe I can sort you one out. CHEERS Vic.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.