Garden Wildlife
Posted 22/05/2014 - 08:31
Link
Nice set of images.
Wish I got flycatchers in my garden
Wish I got flycatchers in my garden
Posted 22/05/2014 - 22:08
Link
I dare say, Steve!
But there again, I wouldn't mind a barn owl carrying a prey wren in mine, either!!!
Thanks for looking,
Roger.
But there again, I wouldn't mind a barn owl carrying a prey wren in mine, either!!!
Thanks for looking,
Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Posted 22/05/2014 - 22:23
Link
I like these Roger, all nice and sharp and some good poses. I would say they are exposed a little too much for me and consequently don't have quite the depth of colour and richness that they could have done.
Interestingly, I find that my 150-500 has a tendency toward over-exposure so I usually dial in an extra third or two thirds of a stop under-exposure, compared to what I set on my other lenses.
Regards
David
Interestingly, I find that my 150-500 has a tendency toward over-exposure so I usually dial in an extra third or two thirds of a stop under-exposure, compared to what I set on my other lenses.
Regards
David
Posted 22/05/2014 - 22:30
Link
Thanks, David.
I'll try that next session. Didn't know / realise different lenses exposed differently, presuming the metering would equal any discrepancy out.....
Learn, learn, learn.......
Love it!
Roger.
I'll try that next session. Didn't know / realise different lenses exposed differently, presuming the metering would equal any discrepancy out.....
Learn, learn, learn.......
Love it!
Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Posted 23/05/2014 - 05:56
Link
davidstorm wrote:
I would say they are exposed a little too much for me and consequently don't have quite the depth of colour and richness that they could have done.
Exactly what I was going to say I would say they are exposed a little too much for me and consequently don't have quite the depth of colour and richness that they could have done.
coker wrote:
Thanks, David.
I'll try that next session. Didn't know / realise different lenses exposed differently, presuming the metering would equal any discrepancy out.....
Learn, learn, learn.......
Love it!
Roger.
As maybe but you can't blame the lens or metering as you should correct it in editing. Have you calibrated your monitor, including it's gamma?Thanks, David.
I'll try that next session. Didn't know / realise different lenses exposed differently, presuming the metering would equal any discrepancy out.....
Learn, learn, learn.......
Love it!
Roger.
These are a cracking set of pics btw and deserve getting the exposure corrected and any other edits edits to make them pop.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 23/05/2014 - 06:40
Link
I even envy you the frog, for the first time ever we had no spawn in our pond. A wonderful bird, very nicely portrayed, Roger. Doesn't that lens have interesting bokeh?
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 23/05/2014 - 23:38
Link
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Posted 24/05/2014 - 01:01
Link
I don't want to detract from the bird shots but that frog picture is brilliant.
Half expect the next frame to show him emerging with an M16 like some kind of Rambo Frog lol. Brilliant
Half expect the next frame to show him emerging with an M16 like some kind of Rambo Frog lol. Brilliant
Steve
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Posted 28/05/2014 - 22:56
Link
some cracking shots there ... especially like number two
- -
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1547 posts
16 years
Wiltshire
Frog
Male House Sparrow 1
Male House Sparrow 2
Female House Sparrow
Spotted Flycatcher 1
Spotted Flycatcher 2
All K5, 150-500.
Elements 11.
Any & all comments or criticism will be most welcome.
Thanks for looking,
Roger.