Gallery questions
Posted 10/02/2011 - 15:34
Link
bwlchmawr wrote:
I love using the Gallery and visit it every day if I can there really are some great pictures posted.
One improvement I'd like to see is a method of playing members' pictures in a slide show. I really have no understandiung of how these things work and it may not even be feasible, but I'd love to be able to click on a gallery and then sit back, letting the photos appear one by one on the screen. At the moment, it's all a bit laborious.
I think thats a very good suggestion, like you I have no idea if it is feasible. You should mention it to the IT chaps.I love using the Gallery and visit it every day if I can there really are some great pictures posted.
One improvement I'd like to see is a method of playing members' pictures in a slide show. I really have no understandiung of how these things work and it may not even be feasible, but I'd love to be able to click on a gallery and then sit back, letting the photos appear one by one on the screen. At the moment, it's all a bit laborious.
Incidentally, I put in some suggestions to the PPG such as being able to choose the order in which your own images are displayed, and they were warmly welcomed.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 10/02/2011 - 15:39
Link
also agree that is a good idea.
suggest they not use flash.
Ipads are getting really popular and I don'e use flash on my computer either...
suggest they not use flash.
Ipads are getting really popular and I don'e use flash on my computer either...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 10/02/2011 - 16:05
Link
johnriley wrote:
Just a thought, what do we think of the tag options on EPZ? Do they cover things better than the PU version?
Not that I've ever posted on EPZ, but after a quick look I'd say the entire EPZ gallery setup is about a million times better than PU's. The way it displays modifications of the original image is very good, and I like the sub categories of galleries (people's choice, editor's choice, etc). Just a thought, what do we think of the tag options on EPZ? Do they cover things better than the PU version?
Please ask the IT people to throw away the PU gallery and install the EPZ one
PS I don't think EPZ's tag options are any better than PU's. Unless everyone uses the same keywords to tag photos, or we're talking about a collection of a huge number of tagged photos, then sorting by tag is pretty much useless.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 10/02/2011 - 19:46
Link
[quote:3496ace15f="gartmore
I think thats a very good suggestion, like you I have no idea if it is feasible. You should mention it to the IT chaps.
quote]
Ken, Please would you remind me how to contact the IT engineers. I've done it once ages ago, but I've forgotten how to do it.
Thanks.
I think thats a very good suggestion, like you I have no idea if it is feasible. You should mention it to the IT chaps.
quote]
Ken, Please would you remind me how to contact the IT engineers. I've done it once ages ago, but I've forgotten how to do it.
Thanks.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 10/02/2011 - 21:19
Link
Bottom left of the forum, third in, |report problem/suggestion|
Posted 10/02/2011 - 22:06
Link
Don wrote:
also agree that is a good idea.
suggest they not use flash.
Ipads are getting really popular and I don'e use flash on my computer either...
I have flash installed but it's unnecessary bloat for things other than showing Youtube videos
also agree that is a good idea.
suggest they not use flash.
Ipads are getting really popular and I don'e use flash on my computer either...
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 11/02/2011 - 12:15
Link
Oggy wrote:
Bottom left of the forum, third in, |report problem/suggestion|
Thanks Oggy, I will give it a go.
Bottom left of the forum, third in, |report problem/suggestion|
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 11/02/2011 - 14:24
Link
All things are looked at, so don't hesitate to make suggestions.
"Street Photography" has now been added to the filters in the Gallery.
"Street Photography" has now been added to the filters in the Gallery.
Best regards, John
Posted 11/02/2011 - 14:33
Link
Thanks John! Much appreciated
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24425 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester