Further ICM/Multiple Exposure Adventures: Wharfedale

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 14/04/2016 - 14:40
As threatened a few weeks ago, here are some in camera multiple exposure/ICM shots from a recent visit to Wharfedale in the Yorkshire Dales... usual technical stuff... all K3/K3 II, with either DA 55-300 or DA 17-70... mostly 3 shot multiple exposures, with at least one (usually more) ICM frame, in bright blend mode...

All thoughts, observations etc very welcome as ever...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/04/2016 - 14:53
Printed huge and hung on a gallery wall these would make an impressive exhibition of their own.

There isn't one of these that I don't like - your use of pastel/muted colours are (IMO) key - you've kept a simplicity in them that doesn't overcomplicate the image (with the possible exception of No.6) and the composition is excellent too.

LennyBloke

johnriley

Link Posted 14/04/2016 - 15:12
It's great to see some artistic experimentation. And they have worked. Very well done indeed and very appealing!
Best regards, John

alfpics

Link Posted 14/04/2016 - 15:50
Some terrific images here - not all my cup of tea, but most are with 1,3 & 9 being my favourites. Another reminder to do some experimenting of my own!
Andy

McGregNi

Link Posted 14/04/2016 - 16:12
Even more painterly and experimental than we've seen before .... you are clearly approaching your avant garde period Some lovely wispy textures and soft tones, all well suited to physical output and display.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Dingo

Link Posted 14/04/2016 - 17:11
All good but just Love number eight

Nigelk

Link Posted 14/04/2016 - 19:39
I think they are great. Luv them one and all!

StephenHampshire

Link Posted 14/04/2016 - 22:29
I am impressed by doing all this in camera....I have done some icm and then blended with other shots in post. These are really good, I love the hidden face in number two....
Everything Changes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 14/04/2016 - 23:45
Wow, these are fab

Love your artwork, I find your images inspirational

Damn it, he has the looks, the job, the camera and the vision
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 50mm macro - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 15/04/2016 - 23:28
Thanks Lenny, John, Andy, Nigel M, Terry, Nigel K, Stephen and Gareth for thoughts and comments on these... Always interested to see how these land...

Lenny, interesting point you make re simplicity... Was something I was trying to work on with these as they happened... Tends to be a function of what is around and about on the day... And think the muted colours (Feb when I took these I think, largely overcast) help in that respect too...

John, Andy, Nigels x 2, Terry, thanks for thoughts and faves... Yes, these ended up a fair bit more abstract than usual... Very peaceful day, almost no one around, very little time pressure, plenty of time to muck about (which generally means trying all sorts of things that don't really work at all until you suddenly bump into something that does, or looks like it might)...

Stephen, I remember one you did in post last year I think of a bluebell wood, which was lovely... Seems to me there's no right or wrong way with this... I tend to do it this way as my PS skills are fairly negligible... Also I rather like the rather random, organic element that you can get making it up as you go along... But there are plenty of bods who work in post to great effect (Rob Hudson link is one I think)

Gareth, very kind of you, my other half would probably disagree with a fair amount of what you said, but very good of you nevertheless...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

davidtrout

Link Posted 16/04/2016 - 09:38
Impressionist heaven. These work so well and as Lennybloke said in the first response they would make a very good exhibition.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 18/04/2016 - 17:32
Thanks David...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Northgrain

Link Posted 18/04/2016 - 17:44
Just catching up with these . The set together make absolutely fascinating viewing. I'd absolutely love to see these displayed large - they'd merit repeated viewing.

Interest in so many of these, but #9 really does it for me personally. Probably the least abstract of the lot, but flipping gorgeous.

Genuine artistry here, fantastic !
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff
Last Edited by Northgrain on 18/04/2016 - 17:46

autumnlight

Link Posted 18/04/2016 - 23:57
Never to late to comment on such impressive work, i'm with Tim on No 9, also No 3 but all are just a delight to view.
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl
Last Edited by autumnlight on 19/04/2016 - 00:00

davidwozhere

Link Posted 19/04/2016 - 01:09
These would not look out of place done large (even huge) on any gallery wall
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.