Fungi Forage
Posted 10/10/2010 - 22:23
Link
Odd looking things but well shot. I have a book of British fungi somewhere but my library is in chaos at the moment!
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 11/10/2010 - 10:03
Link
hi graham
nice shots looks like we both have been on a fungi forage
will have to look at mine later did you use the new flashgun
neil
nice shots looks like we both have been on a fungi forage
will have to look at mine later did you use the new flashgun
neil
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Posted 11/10/2010 - 10:13
Link
I cant believe you endured Hawthorns just to snap a bit of funghi, had you stuck with the main crowd at the Whinlatter Forest meet you could have had this one pain free:
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/Funghi.jpg[/IMG]
I dont know what it is either, I thought someone had lost a golf ball at first sight
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/Funghi.jpg[/IMG]
I dont know what it is either, I thought someone had lost a golf ball at first sight
Posted 11/10/2010 - 12:28
Link
fatspider wrote:
I cant believe you endured Hawthorns just to snap a bit of funghi, had you stuck with the main crowd at the Whinlatter Forest meet you could have had this one pain free:
Does that mean I have suffered for my art and become a more complete by the experience. I cant believe you endured Hawthorns just to snap a bit of funghi, had you stuck with the main crowd at the Whinlatter Forest meet you could have had this one pain free:
gtis wrote:
did you use the new flashgun
No, I was travelling light. Although I did use it to photograph the sister in laws black puppy in the morning, quite impressed with the results.
did you use the new flashgun
Posted 11/10/2010 - 12:45
Link
Very nice photos.
Aren't they puffballs? Either common or wolf's fart pears? Long time since I did any serious fungi hunting. I always had a friend and expert with me - he knew them all, but I think that's what those are.
It is a very good year for fungi.
Aren't they puffballs? Either common or wolf's fart pears? Long time since I did any serious fungi hunting. I always had a friend and expert with me - he knew them all, but I think that's what those are.
It is a very good year for fungi.
Posted 11/10/2010 - 16:20
Link
Not quite sure but I quite like the name "wolf's fart pears"
Posted 11/10/2010 - 16:31
Link
Technoblurb wrote:
Not quite sure but I quite like the name "wolf's fart pears"
Not sure it's the correct name. It what my fungi expert called them .Not quite sure but I quite like the name "wolf's fart pears"
Someone died today in the Netherlands after eating a poisonous mushroom..
Posted 11/10/2010 - 17:53
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Someone died today in the Netherlands after eating a poisonous mushroom..
That's sad I am always very reluctant to handle any fungi for that reason. Like most lethal things, better viewed from afar.
Someone died today in the Netherlands after eating a poisonous mushroom..
Posted 11/10/2010 - 18:01
Link
Mushroom poisoning is one of the worst deaths. You go green and lie in agony for ten days, then expire.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 11/10/2010 - 18:06
Link
fatspider wrote:
I cant believe you endured Hawthorns just to snap a bit of funghi, had you stuck with the main crowd at the Whinlatter Forest meet you could have had this one pain free:
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/Funghi.jpg[/IMG]
I dont know what it is either, I thought someone had lost a golf ball at first sight
I often wonder what we went there for!......now I see!
I cant believe you endured Hawthorns just to snap a bit of funghi, had you stuck with the main crowd at the Whinlatter Forest meet you could have had this one pain free:
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/Funghi.jpg[/IMG]
I dont know what it is either, I thought someone had lost a golf ball at first sight
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 11/10/2010 - 18:07
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Mushroom poisoning is one of the worst deaths. You go green and lie in agony for ten days, then expire.
G
That was how I looked when I found out how much petrol was on North Uist
Mushroom poisoning is one of the worst deaths. You go green and lie in agony for ten days, then expire.
G
Posted 11/10/2010 - 19:23
Link
That`s how I go if drink is not forthcoming George - especially when my GP puts me on antibiotics !!!!!!!!!!!
Tony
Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
Posted 11/10/2010 - 21:15
Link
My mushroom book suggests a Pearl-Studded Puffball. Edible when still white and firm.
Bob
Posted 11/10/2010 - 21:26
Link
doingthebobs wrote:
My mushroom book suggests a Pearl-Studded Puffball. Edible when still white and firm.
I will have to look this one up, although I preferred 'wolf's fart pears', it has a much more interesting ring to it
My mushroom book suggests a Pearl-Studded Puffball. Edible when still white and firm.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1347 posts
17 years
Somewhere at the back of my mind
1
2