Fungi Forage
Posted 11/10/2010 - 21:39
Link
My other half tells me I am wrong.
Eric, our fungi friend, used to call them that, which I remembered, but my OH thinks they (the Wolfs farts) are actually an American Puffball not a European one. Sorry .
But I knew the photos were of some sort of puffball. Quite tasty as I recall but you can only eat them when they are young.
Eric, our fungi friend, used to call them that, which I remembered, but my OH thinks they (the Wolfs farts) are actually an American Puffball not a European one. Sorry .
But I knew the photos were of some sort of puffball. Quite tasty as I recall but you can only eat them when they are young.
Posted 11/10/2010 - 21:41
Link
Don't think I will bother trying to eat them, knowing my luck I will pick the one mimic that is lethal.
Posted 16/11/2010 - 19:24
Link
Posted 16/11/2010 - 20:04
Link
Me neither, and by the sounds of it best kept at a distance.
Posted 16/11/2010 - 20:15
Link
Do you not think that this autumn has been particularly good for fungi? Wet and warm, I suppose.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 16/11/2010 - 20:18
Link
I have come across more varieties of fungi than I have ever seem before so I guess that must be that case, the frustrating thing is that I have not had the time to take pictures of them.
Posted 16/11/2010 - 21:28
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Looks like it, thanks for that.
Says common but I have never seen one before.
Were there pine trees nearby? I can only see Oak leaves in your shot, so that might rule out the Sickener. It could be (and I'm not joking) a Fly Agaric, but only if you've had some heavy rain that may have washed the spots off.Looks like it, thanks for that.
Says common but I have never seen one before.
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 16/11/2010 - 21:33
Link
I wondered about that, but thought no spots can't be, but I'm no expert.
Posted 16/11/2010 - 21:38
Link
Daniel Bridge wrote:
Loads of them.Mike-P wrote:
Looks like it, thanks for that.
Says common but I have never seen one before.
Were there pine trees nearby? Looks like it, thanks for that.
Says common but I have never seen one before.

Hatchet Pond by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr
Posted 16/11/2010 - 23:03
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Sickener it is then! Well done Technoblurb. Daniel Bridge wrote:
Loads of them.Mike-P wrote:
Looks like it, thanks for that.
Says common but I have never seen one before.
Were there pine trees nearby? Looks like it, thanks for that.
Says common but I have never seen one before.
Technoblurb wrote:
I wondered about that, but thought no spots can't be, but I'm no expert.
The spots really can wash off, they're just the remnants of the veil that covered the cap before it opens out. I've seen plenty where there are very few spots left, and last week saw one with little piles of spots laying on the floor beside it. I wondered about that, but thought no spots can't be, but I'm no expert.
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1347 posts
17 years
Somewhere at the back of my mind