Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Full-frame Survey

kea828
Posted 09/02/2016 - 21:11 Link
There is an interesting survey on DP Review at the moment:-

"Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Vs. Nikon D5"

Answer Options:
1) I'm a Canon user and I'm excited about the 1D X II (13.1%)
2) I'm a Canon user and I don't care about the 1D X II (10.8%)
3) I'm a Nikon user and I'm excited about the D5 (13.1%)
4) I'm a Nikon user and I don't care about the D5 (9.9%)
5) DSLR is yesterday's news. Bring on the pro mirrorless! (38.9%)
6) Canon? Nikon? I'm waiting for the Pentax full-frame (14.2%)

Sample to date: 5,375

So, slightly more DLSR users are interested in the Pentax FF than the latest Canon & Nikon. Maybe because if things run to form it will be cheaper.
Regards,
Kea828
Edited by kea828: 09/02/2016 - 21:12
1stEverPentax
Posted 09/02/2016 - 21:20 Link
Price is rumoured to be 1999 Euros which at todays rate is about £1550-£1600 body only. 'Standard' kit lens is a 28-105 according to photorumors.com.
Algernon
Posted 09/02/2016 - 21:28 Link
1stEverPentax wrote:
Price is rumoured to be 1999 Euros which at todays rate is about £1550-£1600 body only. 'Standard' kit lens is a 28-105 according to photorumors.com.

10 month old rumours

It's £10,000 with a FREE ROLEX!

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
JAK
Posted 09/02/2016 - 21:34 Link
Hopefully that survey bodes well. Be odd to see Pentax back as the top brand but who knows!
John K
Gwyn
Posted 09/02/2016 - 21:38 Link
Interesting to see that the majority want a mirrorless though.

Lots might say they are waiting for the Pentax, but I wonder how many will actually buy one. And how many will complain about it.
JAK
Posted 09/02/2016 - 21:58 Link
Well if they've all bought one Ricoh won't complain!
John K
michaelblue
Posted 09/02/2016 - 22:08 Link
Gwyn wrote:
Interesting to see that the majority want a mirrorless though.

Lots might say they are waiting for the Pentax, but I wonder how many will actually buy one. And how many will complain about it.

Some people will find something to complain about it, however good it may be.....not enough pixels, too many pixels, poor video, no flash, too much noise, AF not up to scratch, not mirrorless, too big, too small, wrong colour etc. etc. I can just see them hovering over their keyboards already.........
Regards,
Michael
1stEverPentax
Posted 09/02/2016 - 22:20 Link
I'll probably pick up one in about 2 years when its due to be replaced..by then the price should have dropped to below £1000!
Fletcher8
Posted 09/02/2016 - 22:25 Link
It's a shame Pentax have taken so long to get a full frame camera out. If it shares some of the same qualities as the K3, I am sure it will be a winner with Pentax users. However, the reality is that camera tech is moving more towards mirrorless and thats the direction Pentax need to move in too. Pentax could learn a lot from Fuji & Sony in terms of adaptors for other mounts being made by third parties.
Fletcher8.
richandfleur
Posted 09/02/2016 - 23:24 Link
Fletcher8 wrote:
the reality is that camera tech is moving more towards mirrorless and thats the direction Pentax need to move in too. Pentax could learn a lot from Fuji & Sony in terms of adaptors for other mounts being made by third parties.

I'd throw Olympus in there also, as they've done really well with their retro line. Pentax has as strong, if not stronger history line to that type of popular retro camera.
I'd love to see a Pentax take on one of those.

As for any new Pentax, I can't afford one.

I hope they release a solid performer, devoid of their recent need to include something random as a world first in every release. These often seems tacky and get hammered in reviews (LEDs in the grip anyone?) Good and solid works for me, or would if I could afford it any time soon.

New CPU/processing chip may have more video features built in. That will be one to watch, maybe 4k but hopefully they resume real sensor based stabilisation during video. The loss of this was a shocker, having had it working really well previously on the K-7/K-5 models.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.