Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Full frame rumour

Dodge69
Posted 29/11/2014 - 02:42 Link
boooooooooorinnnnnnnnng

Go buy a FF if you really want one, plenty on offer
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!
cabstar
Posted 29/11/2014 - 19:55 Link
Dodge69 wrote:
boooooooooorinnnnnnnnng

I did but I miss the pentax ergonomics and low light focussing capabilities...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
aliengrove
Posted 29/11/2014 - 21:43 Link
Dodge69 wrote:
boooooooooorinnnnnnnnng

I did too and I don't think I'll be back...though I'll keep the K5.
Gwyn
Posted 30/11/2014 - 10:22 Link
Personally I am not fussed one way or the other about a FF Pentax. I couldn't afford it anyway, but I am sad we are losing so many really good 'togs to other brands because of the lack of FF.
Algernon
Posted 30/11/2014 - 10:46 Link
Gwyn wrote:
Personally I am not fussed one way or the other about a FF Pentax. I couldn't afford it anyway, but I am sad we are losing so many really good 'togs to other brands because of the lack of FF.

But they keep coming back even after moving to another forum
So I suspect the grass isn't as green as people pretend it is.

For over 40 years I've always known that by moving to a bigger format I would always get better sharper pictures..... 10x8 film is superb,
but I'm happy where I am.

I have it on good authority that the next Pentax product will be a
Vacuum Cleaner.. A friend asked a Pentax employee when they were
bringing out a FF...... the reply was that they would make
a Vacuum Cleaner before a FF

--

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 30/11/2014 - 10:51
tyronet2000
Posted 30/11/2014 - 11:17 Link
Algernon wrote:

In colours to beat even the most garish shades used on recent cameras
Regards
Stan

PPG
K10D
Posted 30/11/2014 - 11:32 Link
Algernon wrote:
Vacuum Cleaner..

That just sucks
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
MrB
Posted 30/11/2014 - 11:35 Link
Algernon wrote:

But are they keeping the K-mount for the attachments?

Cheers.
Philip
Algernon
Posted 30/11/2014 - 11:53 Link
MrB wrote:

But are they keeping the K-mount for the attachments?

Cheers.
Philip

Why didn't James Dyson think of that

--

Algi
jemx99
Posted 30/11/2014 - 13:55 Link
Pentax will bring out a full frame camera. What we need is something like a slightly larger K3 with 24MP full frame sensor around the same price as the Nikon D610. If they do that they will clean up (vacuum cleaner or not)!
McGregNi
Posted 30/11/2014 - 14:36 Link
I would expect Pentax to retain backwards compatibility with attachments from earlier eras (older style brush heads, those special flat pieces for long carpet etc) ... Many of these items are made to a high standard with metal construction, although not optimised for modern hard floor sealants. But if they include a green button then we should find most of the old attachments will function, with just a little extra effort.

I would expect Pentax to retain their special dust resistant seals to the motor compartment, and of course the unique anti-blockage shake release feature built into the suction chamber, which is really an amazing help, bringing this benefit to the whole range of earlier attachments automatically.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Edited by McGregNi: 30/11/2014 - 15:02
Smeggypants
Posted 30/11/2014 - 20:45 Link
McGregNi wrote:
I would expect Pentax to retain backwards compatibility with attachments from earlier eras (older style brush heads, those special flat pieces for long carpet etc) ... Many of these items are made to a high standard with metal construction, although not optimised for modern hard floor sealants. But if they include a green button then we should find most of the old attachments will function, with just a little extra effort.

I would expect Pentax to retain their special dust resistant seals to the motor compartment, and of course the unique anti-blockage shake release feature built into the suction chamber, which is really an amazing help, bringing this benefit to the whole range of earlier attachments automatically.

Don't mention Dyson!

whoops.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
McGregNi
Posted 30/11/2014 - 21:24 Link
Well discussion of other vacuum marques is off topic here clearly, but I'm sure there are other places where people can make comparisons and salivate over the latest technology fads... Toys for the boys I'd call them.

I know there's a push towards less moving parts, especially with the new type of pump that's now appearing more and more, but personally I still prefer one with the traditional handling, sounds and mechanical vibrations that come with our current technology. And lets face it, for most domestic scenarios, there's really no need for ever increasing suction intake width... It's just a pointless race to ever increasing dimensions in the name of marketing.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
richandfleur
Posted 30/11/2014 - 21:38 Link
McGregNi wrote:

I know there's a push towards less moving parts, especially with the new type of pump that's now appearing more and more, but personally I still prefer one with the traditional handling, sounds and mechanical vibrations that come with our current technology.

Taking the viewing window off doesn't change the sound of the pump...
Algernon
Posted 30/11/2014 - 21:40 Link
Nigel ... Do you post as the 'hoover-kid' on the Vacuumland Forum ?

Will Ricoh now take over Riccar Vacuum Cleaners ? They have similar LED's on the front. Is that where they got the idea?

--

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 30/11/2014 - 21:47

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.