Full Frame at Photokina

davecv
Posted 22/09/2008 - 22:34 Link
Wow impressive but a huge price tag.


http://www.dpreview.com/news/0009/00092107photokina4.asp
ChrisA
Posted 22/09/2008 - 22:37 Link
davecv wrote:
Wow impressive but a huge price tag.
Erm, check the date....
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Edited by ChrisA: 22/09/2008 - 22:38
Mannesty
Posted 22/09/2008 - 22:44 Link
That was Pentax's first attempt at a DSLR using, I believe, a Kodak sensor. The body was based on the MZ-S design. It was later abandoned in favour of the APS-C sized sensor first made commercially available in the form of the *istD.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
davecv
Posted 22/09/2008 - 22:50 Link
Oh jeez ..... I thought this was a link / preview for this years Photokina show.

Sorry. Nothing new...

I was shocked to see a full frame version and 6 mps.

I apologize.
Mannesty
Posted 22/09/2008 - 23:19 Link
davecv wrote:
I was shocked to see a full frame version and 6 mps.
At the time the article was written (2000), 6Mp was huge.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Duncan knifton
Posted 22/09/2008 - 23:32 Link
Shame they never stayed with the idea of using a body like the MZs though......LOVE that camera
K20D. fab camera
K10 (brilliant Digital)
MZ-S (brilliant film camera, still use it for B&W)

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo