Fujichrome Slide copy from March 1990

Posted 16/08/2021 - 17:03 Link
I copied this earlier this year/end of last? using a Heath Robinson setup, on a KP and 100mm DFA macro 2.8
It's one of a few that came out okay.
I have no idea who the people are but the Hotel down the slope, (must be a mile away) was on Mount Vogel, then Yugoslavia now Slovenia.
Taken on a Pentax ME Super with probably the 50mm M f1.7 which I still have or my 28mm M f2.8.
The shot only required De-Hazing in Rawtherapee IMHO. otherwise was a good copy of a holiday shot/snap.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Comment Image
davidwozhere
Posted 17/08/2021 - 23:46 Link
It's lovely to be able to digitize one's old slides. I've just had a very quick tinker with it using the colour filters in Faststone Image Viewer.
Hope you don't mind:

Comment Image
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Edited by davidwozhere: 17/08/2021 - 23:46
Posted 18/08/2021 - 14:09 Link
Hope you don't mind?

No not at all. I never realised my version was so magenta/red and can see yours as more colder/blue, useful in this scene, on my laptop the difference is there but somehow I prefer mine, biased obviously I should have tinkered in RT with the colour (too much rushing).
Still with Rawtherapee as there are many possibilities to get to grips with, seen info on Faststone but not for me just yet, maybe in the future.
JAK
Posted 18/08/2021 - 22:20 Link
Somewhere in the middle maybe? Does the slide exhibit that magenta cast?
However I feel this is more neutral (courtesy Photoshop Elements.)
Comment Image
John K
tigershoot
Posted 18/08/2021 - 22:24 Link
JAK wrote:
Somewhere in the middle maybe? Does the slide exhibit that magenta cast?
However I feel this is more neutral (courtesy Photoshop Elements.)
Comment Image
This looks spot on to me.
K3iii, K3ii, K-5, K-x, DA150-450mm, DA16-85WR, DA16-45, DA18-55WR, DA18-135WR, DA35 F2.4, M100mm F4 Macro, DA55-300mm, FA50mm 1.4, AF360 Flash, AF540 Flash

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo