Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

FS: Triplus Auto Extension Tube set (P/AF)

LennyBloke
Posted 28/09/2023 - 11:46 Link
You may (or may not) be familiar with the differences between extension tube sets from various manufacturers - basically there are the "dumb" type that you have to use completely manually. Then there are the ones that are often labelled PKA or sometimes PKAF that have a set of pins to carry information between lens, through the tubes, into the camera - unfortunately many of these had a black paint coating on the rear of the mounts that mean you have to scratch off an area near the pins to enable pass through. Then there are these - the Rolls Royce (or should I say "the Pentax") of Auto extension tubes - the Triplus (or Teleplus) tubes that do carry the lens information throug to the body without any need for modification. It should be noted that although these tubes (and many others) are marked "AF" they do not carry through the Autofocus - it simply means they fit AF Lenses.

These are in cosmetically good condition (some of the lettering has rubbed off) but are excellent in mechanical operation. I no longer use the Jessops type since finding these - they are an essential accessory in my bag

Comment Image

Comment Image

Price: 49 inc P&P (RMSD)

UK Only, Bank Transfer, PayPal Gift or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome
LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 29/09/2023 - 11:20 Link
Probably a little highly priced so maybe 39 would be more appealling

I've just added some images taken with the 20mm tube onto the For Sale listing of my A 50mm f1.4
LennyBloke
Edited by LennyBloke: 29/09/2023 - 11:20
LennyBloke
Posted 04/10/2023 - 10:42 Link
Just to advise - these tubes do carry all information between camera body and lens, and will allow you to control settings from the camera (aperture) - except when using the latest generation of AF lenses (i.e. DFA*50, 85, 70-200 etc) - these can be used but only at maximum aperture, which can be a little limiting.

DFA*85 @ f1.4...

Comment Image

Comment Image

LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 03/11/2023 - 13:42 Link
Bump
LennyBloke
davidwozhere
Posted 03/11/2023 - 23:23 Link
You could have offered these before I scraped the paint off a Jessops set !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
LennyBloke
Posted 04/11/2023 - 09:47 Link
davidwozhere wrote:
You could have offered these before I scraped the paint off a Jessops set !

Sorry David - no pain, no gain
LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 25/01/2024 - 16:30 Link
Bump and drop - 45 inc P&P
LennyBloke
Posted 27/01/2024 - 23:32 Link
If these are the 39 you quoted earlier in this thread then I'll take them.
LennyBloke
Posted 28/01/2024 - 13:34 Link
Yorkie wrote:

Cost of living don't you know

I didn't spot my previous price drop - yes, of course I'll do them at 39!

I'll send you a PM
LennyBloke
LennyBloke
Posted 28/01/2024 - 14:11 Link
Sold
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.