FS: Pentax S1a Body + Pentax Meter II + Case

hefty1

Link Posted 18/05/2010 - 15:13
I bought this one recently to get hold of the lens it was carrying but I've already got too many bodies so this is surplus to requirements. It's an early model S1a (green "R" on the rewind crank / early style iris pin actuator / door latch on door rather than body) and comes complete with a clip on meter (Meter II actually) and a case designed to carry the camera with meter in place.

General condition is good with just a few signs of use (see pictures) and the meter works perfectly. But there are a couple of caveats...

I ran a roll of film through it last week to test it and the first four pictures from the roll came out like this:

As you can see there was a problem with the shutter closing on the first three which clears by shot #4 (ignore the little white dots - that's just dust from my careless scanning). Now the rest of the film (another 32 exposures) went through without any problems so I'm guessing the fault was due to the camera having been unused for some while and that it's now cleared itself, however, for this reason I don't warrant the performance of the camera so look at this as a meter for sale with a free spares camera thrown in - then you won't be disappointed.

The other caveat concerns the meter; it requires a PX625 battery to operate and the only one I had available for testing was in my Exacta - to where it has now returned. The Wein Cell equivalent is MRB625 and you'll need one of these to make it work as there isn't one included in this sale.

Some pictures of the items:

The meter will also fit the Pentax SV and is marked up to a top speed of 1/1000 (the S1a is marked up to 1/500 but has the extra "invisible" notch to give it that higher speed).

I'm looking for just 25 (plus p&p at cost depending on location and method) for this lot and I'm happy to take cash, cheque or PayPal.
Joining the Q

doingthebobs

Link Posted 18/05/2010 - 18:34
pm sent
Bob

hefty1

Link Posted 18/05/2010 - 22:18
PM replied to
Joining the Q

hefty1

Link Posted 18/05/2010 - 23:08
Sold.
Joining the Q

doingthebobs

Link Posted 20/05/2010 - 21:09
And recieved.
All in good order and well packed. Less than 2 days from advert to new owner! Thanks.
Bob

hefty1

Link Posted 20/05/2010 - 21:15
I never hang around when there's money at stake...

Glad you like it!
Joining the Q
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.