FS: Pentax M 100mm f/4 Macro

hefty1

Link Posted 18/05/2010 - 14:33
As the title suggests I'm selling a Pentax M series 100mm f/4 Macro lens.

Condition is very near mint with just a few microscopic dust particles inside (nothing that will show up in pictures) and it comes with caps, dedicated hood and hard case (not quite as mint as the lens itself, but better to have a scruffy case and a minty lens than vice-versa). Also included is the Hoya Skylight filter that it has worn from new.

Even Ken Rockwell likes this one and he's not exactly known for his pro-Pentax views!

Pictures of the lens:

Pictures taken with the lens (hand held on my K10D) - the first is wide open at f/4, the second a 100% crop of same, the third stopped down to f/8, the fourth a 100% crop of same:

I'm looking for 100 plus postage at cost (depends on method and your location). I'll take cash, cheque or PayPal.
Joining the Q

George Lazarette

Link Posted 18/05/2010 - 16:07
I had one. Lovely lens, and highly recommended. I only sold mine because I acquired the FA 1:2.8.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

hefty1

Link Posted 19/05/2010 - 09:11
Now sold - thanks for looking
Joining the Q

JonSchick

Link Posted 20/05/2010 - 22:37
Now received - thanks for selling!

Arrived in great condition and judging by first few shots tonight, a very nice and compact lens. One advantage of the old MF lenses is that they are so much smaller than their AF counterparts! Looking forward to giving it a proper workout over the next few days....

Cheers,

Jon

hefty1

Link Posted 20/05/2010 - 22:44
I have no doubt it'll be up to any task you set it...

Nice to have another satisfied customer!
Joining the Q

Mike-P

Link Posted 20/05/2010 - 22:50
JonSchick wrote:
One advantage of the old MF lenses is that they are so much smaller than their AF counterparts!
Jon

I don't think the 100mm f4 is much smaller than the DFA 100mm f2.8 (from what I can remember of it) although it is 10x better made.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 20/05/2010 - 22:51
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.