FS: Pentax MX + 50mm 1.7

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/01/2022 - 16:22
I have a lovely condition Pentax MX with an M series 50mm f1.7 and strap - I'm selling it cheaply because it has one minor fault - there is an "over-run" on slow shutter speeds! What I mean by that is that after the exposure has finished with the slower speeds the noise of a timer continues for a very short time.

If you handy with this sort of thing you might want to fix it, if not it's still perfectly usable (I think)

If you any more info, let me know

Price £45 inc P&P

UK Only, Bank Transfer, PayPal Gift, Cheque or Cash on collection, inspection welcome.

LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 14/01/2022 - 16:53
Bargain.
All the gear with no idea

loadoftripe

Link Posted 14/01/2022 - 18:08
Message sent.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/01/2022 - 18:17
Reserved
LennyBloke

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 14/01/2022 - 19:15
LennyBloke wrote:
Reserved

Rightly so. Great info and price.
Be well, stay well.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 14/01/2022 - 19:44
Crikey. Such a bargain! Good job I didnít see this earlier!

loadoftripe

Link Posted 21/01/2022 - 16:48
Received MX and lens all nicely packaged, many thanks John.

Tested the lens today on the K1 and I am always surprised how good these little fifties are, especially closed down a bit, a bit of dust but I'm capable of cleaning out no problem.
Next week I hope to film test the MX little beauty.
As to the timer 'problem' - I watched a chap on youtube demonstrating the timer, and it behaved the same, so maybe that is how they operate normally ? I'm pleased and well chuffed as they say

This is a distance shot (not the best to demonstrate the 50) and cropped in camera to maximum, the detail is IMHO is brilliant.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 21/01/2022 - 16:55
loadoftripe wrote:

Tested the lens today on the K1 and I am always surprised how good these little fifties are, especially closed down a bit, a bit of dust but I'm capable of cleaning out no problem.
As to the timer 'problem' - I watched a chap on youtube demonstrating the timer, and it behaved the same, so maybe that is how they operate normally ? I'm pleased and well chuffed as they say

This is a distance shot (not the best to demonstrate the 50) and cropped in camera to maximum, the detail is IMHO is brilliant.

A very nice acquisition there. Had I seen it sooner Iíd have got my 3rd MX!
As for the 50, itís about the best price-to-performance ratio Iíve seen. A couple of years ago you could easily pick one up for somewhere between £10-20, which is insane for how good they are (as youíve found out)! Nice one

LennyBloke

Link Posted 21/01/2022 - 18:57
loadoftripe wrote:

So glad you are pleased with it - I hope you get plenty of use out of it
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 21/01/2022 - 19:21
LennyBloke wrote:

And if you donít, loadoftripe, feel free to get in touch!

loadoftripe

Link Posted 21/01/2022 - 19:46
Benz3ne wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:

And if you donít, loadoftripe, feel free to get in touch!

I'm not sure it will get used a lot, it will be 'cycled' in use with my KX and K1000 periodically to keep them functioning. But I'm sure it will become my favourite choice, so perhaps it will as the pocket size and light weight should ensure that.
Then there is my P30N which I haven't got around to testing yet LOL. I'm becoming a bit of a collector, but can't help myself!! LBA and CBA?
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.