An analogue clearout, part I

danofmk

Link Posted 30/12/2021 - 15:58
With a very heavy heart, I am moving on a few of my film cameras and lenses. A combination of young children and Covid has meant the last 2 years they have not had the use they once did, and I simply cannot justify hoarding so many when they could be out there being used regularly instead.

All our working perfectly unless I say otherwise.

To make things easier for myself I have decided to sell all my M42 gear, rather than having two lots of everything.

Hopefully everything is priced to sell. If you are interested in anything but think I am off with the price, please let me know. No offence will be taken!

As always, photos available on request. Just ask, or DM me.

Add 4.50 for Royal Mail Signed for Delivery. If you want anything other than that, please let me know and I'm sure I can arrange it at your cost.

So first up are the cameras;

1. Pentax S1a - 20

My first ever film camera which I swore i'd never part with.......

Is still working nicely, with reliable exposures at all speeds. Could probably do with some new light seals but if that was a deal breaker I could probably be convinced to do it for you. I have already replaced the bump strip.

Condition wise, i'd say it was a solid 8/10. Free from any dents or knocks, and only the typical bottom plate marks typical for a camera that is almost 60 years old to note.

I have a lightmeter for the top of it I could throw in for an extra 10 if that was of use to you.

I will include the half leather case on it.

2. Pentax Spotmatic (SP1000)- 30

Shot many rolls with this one too, and it's never let me down. The good news is the metering works. It is though a stop out. Perfectly usable though, just meter normally and then two clicks, hey presto. The last roll I shot I did the whole roll like this and the images were spot on exposure wise (I think). A few images of that roll here;

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJbghnX

Again, shutter works reliably at all speeds, no functionality issues.

Condition wise, 7/10, free from anything worthy of description really, just the usual bottom plate marks.

I will send it with the battery and spacer that is in it, just in case that helps.

3. Pentax ES - 25

I have had the odd image not expose properly on this before. It does seem to be an intermittent issue, affecting maybe 1/2 images per roll. I haven't been able to pinpoint what it is, but it looks almost like the frame hasn't moved on properly. If so, that could just be my user error in loading the film, but I want to mention it to be entirely transparent.

Other than that, all working well, at all speeds etc. The winder doesn't quite return all the way fully by it's own steam, but nothing a very gentle press doesn't sort. I know some people do the return themselves rather than letting it flick back, so if you are on of those sorts you won't even notice.

Condition wise, a bit worse off than the others, maybe a 5/10. No dents or anything truly awful, but plenty of scuffs and marks on the top plate.

That's all for now. Lenses to follow tomorrow hopefully, including a few very nice ones.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks
Last Edited by danofmk on 30/12/2021 - 16:00

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 31/12/2021 - 11:07
Is it really worth selling your first ever Pentax for 20 quid? I suspect you'll regret it even if you never use it again. The older models like this look beautiful on a shelf.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

danofmk

Link Posted 31/12/2021 - 15:36
It is a very valid point, and perhaps I will regret it. In fact, I looked on ebay after I listed it and was astounded to see how much they appear to have jumped in price (but i'll stand by the 20!).

However, I would much prefer to see it being used, and if I keep it, I'd want to keep a lens to go with it too, and I've long since got rid of my cheap and cheerful M42 lenses as part of the last clear out, so I'd end up holding on to 100+ of gear just for looking nice on a shelf.

And, I've got an Asahiflex for the "looking good on a shelf" purpose! And a black MX....and a K2. Come to think of it, there is a KX somewhere too!

Must. Not. Give in. And. Listen. To. Previous. Poster..........

danofmk

Link Posted 17/01/2022 - 10:00
A quick bump before ebay beckons....

Benz3ne

Link Posted 17/01/2022 - 14:10
Could I have photos of the first two, please?
I'm fairly tempted by one or the other, but perhaps both...

danofmk

Link Posted 17/01/2022 - 15:16
Will email them over to you.....

Benz3ne

Link Posted 18/01/2022 - 09:27
danofmk wrote:
Will email them over to you.....

Received, thank you. Won't get the chance to check them out properly until much later today, sorry.

laurencea

Link Posted 20/01/2022 - 18:12
very tempted, but i am trying to cut down as my Spots don't go out much.
Pentax k100d, k30d 18-55, Tamron 70-300, Tamron 500 mirror, pentax 10-17, 50 1:4, a manual 28, some extension tubes and a bagful of memory cards. That's all i need... and a load of film cameras too... that's it, honest.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.