Frosty here three....

Don
Posted 13/01/2008 - 03:13 Link
So cold some mornings I can see my nipples poking through my parka...
Comment Image
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
MX veteran
Posted 13/01/2008 - 03:41 Link
Please highlight in photo said nipples
K100D Super, 18-55, 50-200, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 70mm macro and lots of old lenses
Clarky
Posted 13/01/2008 - 07:17 Link
Quote:
So cold some mornings I can see my nipples poking through my parka...
Comment Image
Don't you mean your jumper
Thats a great shot it would make a nice X-mas card.
Do you have any difficulty with the lenses fogging up in that extreme cold.
I could'nt imagine living in thoses extreme conditions. Brrrrrr
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Don
Posted 13/01/2008 - 13:11 Link
ok here's the truth...
there's two ways to do this.

one involves ziploc freezer baggies, & taping/velcroing a Hotshot )or other brand) chemical handwarmer to the battery compartment, while shooting, Then you throw the sucker into a freezer baggie and suck out the air BEFORE bringing the camera inside. good for extended outdoor use. once your camera is cold, keep it cold till the shoot's done, no "in and out" to warm it up..condensation is your real enemy, not cold.

the other is to keep the camera in a hip pak under your jacket, take your gloves off, pull your camera out, fire your shot and put everything away before your hands get too cold. keep dessicant packs in your bag. get the shot and put it away before anything gets cold, and leave it somwhere warm and dry afterwards.

use everything on manual.I don't know how hard the cold really is on the lcd's, af motors, lubricants etc. (could be shortening the life of my equipment...)
but it does affect battery power and if mechanical things get to stiffening up, don't push your luck...everything breaks easier when frozen.

I have a parka that I bought two sizes too big, just so I could wear it over some camera gear.....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Classvino
Posted 14/01/2008 - 16:13 Link
Quote:
I have a parka that I bought two sizes too big, just so I could wear it over some camera gear.....
...and they still poke through that?
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo