From - 'Canal Walk' to Shetland and Back

Galoot
Posted 18/02/2012 - 16:14 Link
The K7 had lived in it's box for a few months, but thanks to quite a few positive comments to a recent picture escape for the K7, I packed it for a working trip to Shetland.

Unfortunately, there was a lot more work time and only a little picture time, but I got a few I liked.

All taken with the K7 and the Samyang 85mm f1.4 or the Pentax 'fishy', you will know which is which.

Leaving Aberdeen

Comment Image


Sun-Burst on a crane in Aberdeen

Comment Image


Lerwick Harbour

Comment Image


Bressay Ferry leaving Lerwick

Comment Image


Zoomin' the 'fishy'

Comment Image


Will i or Wont I, ( get closer and I bloody will )

Comment Image
Edited by Galoot: 18/02/2012 - 16:19
Gwyn
Posted 18/02/2012 - 16:17 Link
I would say your mojo is definitely working again!
Pentaxophile
Posted 18/02/2012 - 16:44 Link
Well i think we can safely say the mojo is decisively back! Love the first shot with the three ships huddling side by side. But they're all very nice, especially the ones with that lovely 85mm.
Galoot
Posted 18/02/2012 - 16:54 Link
My 'OCD' mind wants the green boat to be in the middle, but my artistic mind likes it where it is, what do you you, duh !!!!

Go Artistic ?

Hell Yea !!!
Galoot
Posted 18/02/2012 - 21:06 Link
I also visited one of Shetland's most famous places,


Comment Image


This picture is for information purposes only, not for comments !!!
Pentaxophile
Posted 18/02/2012 - 21:13 Link
Ahem. Is that a self portrait?
Galoot
Posted 18/02/2012 - 21:24 Link
To

'Pentaxophile',

No, just a shot of a guy that thought his LBA had subsided, then he finds out that you have a 30mm 1.4 Sigma on offer.

You dirty swine.
Opethian
Posted 18/02/2012 - 22:00 Link
Galoot, your Sunburst Crane is EXCELLENT. Love the framing, the colours, and a good job on the border.

TWATT hahahaha
Galoot
Posted 18/02/2012 - 22:16 Link
Quote:
Galoot, your Sunburst Crane is EXCELLENT. Love the framing, the colours, and a good job on the border.
This was the ferry leaving Aberdeen, I was on the back deck and could see that the setting sun would be cutting through some of the harbour landmarks, I just waited and took the shot, ( about 5 or so ) the small aperture and the sun-set made the picture.

There is always a picture, sometimes we just walk past it
George Lazarette
Posted 18/02/2012 - 23:56 Link
I did that trip a million years ago. It was an Amateur Photographer special. In those days Lerwick was full of wooden fishing boats with varnished hulls. Lovely.

These are fun pics, Galoot. Good to see you back.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Galoot
Posted 19/02/2012 - 00:40 Link
Good to hear from you George, these days Lerwick is full of Goths's and Eastern European's, the only wooden boats are in the fantastic local museum

Oil has brought local riches here. I remember on a trip a few years ago the Shetland Isles Council were debating if they should spend the 'excess' on a dual-carriageway from one end of the Isle to the other ?????

If it weren't for the local scallops and huge 'Green Lipped' mussels, the friendly people, the isolation, the wildfife, the photo oppertunities, the Unst beer, and the hot women, ( 10 women to every man ), I would probably stay at home !!!
George Lazarette
Posted 19/02/2012 - 02:04 Link
Galoot wrote:
If it weren't for the local scallops and huge 'Green Lipped' mussels, the friendly people, the isolation, the wildfife, the photo oppertunities, the Unst beer, and the hot women, ( 10 women to every man ), I would probably stay at home !!!
That was such an extraordinary statistic that I looked it up. Historically, it was true that there were many more women than men (the lads went fishing, and drowned), but more recently, there have been more men.

I can only think that if women outnumbered men while you were there, that somebody must have leaked your itinerary to the lassies, and they came over in droves like the herring gutters of yore. Either that, or the Unst beer made you see double, if not treble.

Scallops are so expensive in London that I've been forced back onto caviar. So perhaps another trip is in order. I'll let it be known that you're coming, and see what that does to the sex ratio.

Cheers

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Pentaxophile
Posted 19/02/2012 - 12:10 Link
Galoot wrote:
If it weren't for the friendly scallops and mussels, the hot wildfife, and the huge 'Green Lipped' women, I would probably stay at home !!!
It sounds like paradise, where can I get a flight?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo