Freshly Hatched....

coker
Posted 22/04/2020 - 15:59 Link
...Orange Tip Butterfly caterpillar, from the egg on my previous post.
Feeding well on the garlic mustard, growing already from the 2mm. it was at hatching.

These are 2,5 - 3mm.

Comment Image



Comment Image


I understand that the small beads of liquid on the hairs are a deterrent to predators.

More to follow, no doubt.....

All c&c welcome,

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
prsjnb
Posted 22/04/2020 - 20:50 Link
Terrific shots, Roger, and a wonderful follow-up to the extraordinary egg one.

Looking forward to seeing the shots of the different instar stages.

Jon
coker
Posted 22/04/2020 - 20:53 Link
Thanks Jon.

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
davidwozhere
Posted 23/04/2020 - 01:08 Link
I was hoping that you'd do this. Keep up with its appetite - I'd love to see the entire series.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
LennyBloke
Posted 23/04/2020 - 14:34 Link
you could end up turning this into a nature documentary - great shooting, particularly picking out the liquid and hairs
LennyBloke
alfpics
Posted 23/04/2020 - 20:09 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
you could end up turning this into a nature documentary - great shooting, particularly picking out the liquid and hairs
Absolutely - keep them coming!
Andy

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo