Free CS2

Mannesty

Link Posted 11/01/2013 - 10:11
Eastridge wrote:
Thanks OP & others.

Hubby has downloaded and installed Photoshop and Premiere onto our Windows 8 machine + had a quick look and no compatibility issues so far.

However, as I suspected won't open PEF files. Is that to be expected due to age of product and we need to covert / use DNG or can something be done?

PS CS2 relies on an old version of Camera RAW which has not been updated to include support for image files from modern cameras.

I can confirm that it will open DNG files from my K5 so you could convert all of your PEF's to DNG with their free converter.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Last Edited by Mannesty on 11/01/2013 - 10:11

Eastridge

Link Posted 12/01/2013 - 10:58
Mannesty wrote:
Eastridge wrote:
Thanks OP & others.

Hubby has downloaded and installed Photoshop and Premiere onto our Windows 8 machine + had a quick look and no compatibility issues so far.

However, as I suspected won't open PEF files. Is that to be expected due to age of product and we need to covert / use DNG or can something be done?

PS CS2 relies on an old version of Camera RAW which has not been updated to include support for image files from modern cameras.

I can confirm that it will open DNG files from my K5 so you could convert all of your PEF's to DNG with their free converter.

Thanks Peter, conversion it is then.

We have Elements 10 which does almost everything we are likely to use, but have downloaded this 'just in case' we find the need to do something that E10 can't but CS2 Photoshop can. On those rare occasions converting the item to DNG wouldn't be a problem.
Sharon's: K-x, FA35/2, DA 18-250.Glen's: K10D, DA100 Macro, 55-300, Paragon 500, Silk Pro700 Tripod
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.