Forum veteran

ChrisE
Posted 16/06/2008 - 17:37 Link
Just as a matter of interest, when/how does one make the transition from 'New forum member' to 'Forum veteran'?

Chris
K10d, 18-55mm kit lens, Tamron 28-300mm, AF360
D300, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 120-400, SB-600

http://picasaweb.google.com/ChrHEva1/ChrisSPhotos
chirpy
Posted 16/06/2008 - 17:40 Link
It's probably "post count" related
Gwyn
Posted 16/06/2008 - 18:34 Link
Chirpy is right - the titles are set by the forum owner, in this case Pentax User, along wiht how many times you must post in order to get "promotion".
No doubt John or one of the other mods could tell you the scheme of things here - it varies with every forum.
chirpy
Posted 16/06/2008 - 18:39 Link
Right. So every time you post the count goes up
Malo1961
Posted 16/06/2008 - 18:53 Link
I believe I have read somewhere 30 or 35 is the magical number.
And a good bottle of booz to speed things up. If you desire the title very much. For me it is a harsh reminder of spending to much time behind the @3#$*&^%@?>":{}! screen.
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
johnriley
Posted 16/06/2008 - 21:57 Link
It seems we get to "Forum Veteran" status very quickly, should there be more ranks?
Best regards, John
Father Ted
Posted 16/06/2008 - 22:01 Link
What about "Junior Member" ?
I must admit, I was surprised at how quickly I got to "Forum Veteran".
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Malo1961
Posted 16/06/2008 - 22:02 Link
Quote:
It seems we get to "Forum Veteran" status very quickly, should there be more ranks?
Should there be ranks in the first place :
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Keith Grant
Posted 17/06/2008 - 01:23 Link
Are there perks?
Keith

K100D Super, DA 18-55, M 50 1.4, M 100 4 Macro

"The present is the object of vision, and what I see before me at any given second is a full field of color-patches scattered just so. The configuration will never be repeated." ~ Annie Dillard
Hyram
Posted 17/06/2008 - 14:07 Link
Quote:
I believe I have read somewhere 30 or 35 is the magical number.
And a good bottle of booz to speed things up. If you desire the title very much. For me it is a harsh reminder of spending to much time behind the @3#$*&^%@?>":{}! screen.
Martin.
35 is the magic number, I believe.

In theory someone could submit 35 posts about the weather or some other non-photographic topic and become a Forum Veteran
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Mongoose
Posted 17/06/2008 - 17:30 Link
Quote:
It seems we get to "Forum Veteran" status very quickly, should there be more ranks?
In my experience this forum is unique in only having two, everywhere else I have been a member there have either been several or none at all.
you don't have to be mad to post here



but it does help
Don
Posted 17/06/2008 - 17:33 Link
Quote:
Are there perks?
I suppose... if one was to go around claiming to be a "Veteran".....there might be some perks.....I doubt anybody would think to ask "What forum?"
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
ChrisE
Posted 17/06/2008 - 17:53 Link
OK, thanks guys. At my usual rate of posting I might make veteran by the end of the year!
K10d, 18-55mm kit lens, Tamron 28-300mm, AF360
D300, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 120-400, SB-600

http://picasaweb.google.com/ChrHEva1/ChrisSPhotos
Father Ted
Posted 17/06/2008 - 22:20 Link
Quote:
OK, thanks guys. At my usual rate of posting I might make veteran by the end of the year!
I tend to get addicted to forums
1757 posts on another forum I use....in 9 months
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Bob and his Pentax
Posted 18/06/2008 - 18:31 Link
Just passed 30 posts and have been 'promoted' to Forum Vetran so 30 seems to be the magic number

Good luck

Bob
Good luck

Bob

Pentax user since 1978, Digital since 1997.
Kit includes: K-7, K20D, K10D, *istDS, full set DA* lens, etc

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo