Forget-me-not

womble

Link Posted 12/04/2014 - 15:31
I have a painting of forget-me-nots by a close friend who died a few years back so I am very fond of them. I tried taking close-up yesterday using my K85/1.8, extension tubes (all 3 of them!), my newly repaired and serviced K20D, Pentax focus rail, ref-converter-A, cable release... Still not as sharp as it could be. The slightest breeze is magnified so much it would have to be a 100% still day and we don't get many of those. Anyway, here is what I managed until my knees started complaining. I must buy a kneeler...!

Forget-me-not par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

davidstorm

Link Posted 12/04/2014 - 17:54
Looks pretty sharp and nice to me Kris! Macro photography is not easy, even of so-called inanimate objects like flowers which are not supposed to move about! The wind is the enemy in these situations and I think you've done very well here.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

aliengrove

Link Posted 12/04/2014 - 18:17
I find my kevlar motorcycle jeans, which have removable knee-pads, are also very useful for photography and gardening....
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

Mike-P

Link Posted 12/04/2014 - 21:02
Like that Kris, I have a hard time making flowers look interesting when shooting them in macro but this one got my attention.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

JonSchick

Link Posted 12/04/2014 - 22:26
Very nice. I was trying some flower close ups today (nowhere near the magnification of yours) and found myself wishing for an articulated LCD...to avoid contemplating the fact that I might be getting older than I care to admit!

michaelblue

Link Posted 13/04/2014 - 06:34
Nice shot, flowers are not easy to photograph well and make them interesting.

Here are some i took, not exactly flowers i know (but it does have red flowers) using the Tamron SP 90mm macro (old manual focus version) and a chinese ref converter (angle viewer)....saves your knees!

....and just to prove it has flowers....this one was taken with the Q + 01 prime lens using the 'Blur Control' feature

Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

aliengrove

Link Posted 13/04/2014 - 11:13
Michael, why not start your own thread rather than hijacking someone elses?
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 13/04/2014 - 19:10
Delightful shot Kris. Lovely soft DOF. It makes the forget-me-not jump out.
Some Cameras

bjolester

Link Posted 13/04/2014 - 20:46
Beautiful image Kris. Lovely colours.

Regards
Bjørn
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

michaelblue

Link Posted 13/04/2014 - 20:59
Apologies Kris for 'Hijacking' your thread, happy for my post to be removed or moved.
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

womble

Link Posted 15/04/2014 - 21:46
Thanks for the nice comments all. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.