forcing the flash to fire

catterm

Link Posted 13/08/2004 - 10:19
Howdy

is there any way to "force" the pop-up flash to fire on the *istD?

For some reason the automatic settings keep overiding the flash and it won't fire, even when the flash is up, unless the camera determines that there is not enough light.

I've played around with the features and I can get it to fire when I reduce the aperature and/or shutter speed but this is pretty annoying when you just want to take a quick shot on green mode.

Is there a way to manually overide the automatic settings is green mode and get the flash to fire every time you want it to?

Ta

George Lazarette

Link Posted 13/08/2004 - 22:52
It obviously won't fire if it is set to auto. On auto, the camera decides whether it is dark enough to warrant using flash. That's what auto means: the camera decides.

Put the camera on manual.

catterm

Link Posted 14/08/2004 - 15:26
What I meant was is there a way to make it fire with the existing shutter speed and aperature settings?

I might be doing something wrong but I can only get it to fire when I reduce the aperature or shutter speed down far enough for the camera to judge that it needs the flash.

Is there are way to make it fire when the aperture/shutter speeds are still high?

George Lazarette

Link Posted 14/08/2004 - 18:30
Yes, set the shutter and aperture to whatever you want in manual mode. The flash will be triggered whatever the settings.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.