Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

For Sale - K-7 Body £375

hefty1
Posted 08/05/2011 - 19:26 Link
Yes just £375, no that's not a typo.

I'm selling this on behalf of a friend who has upgraded to a K-5. The reason it's so cheap is that the box and most of the original accessories were "misplaced" during a house move. Here's a picture of what you'll actually get for your money:

Comment Image

There's the camera body (build date 30/06/09, shutter count 7123) with body cap, strap protectors, hot shoe cover, PC socket cover and rubber eye cup installed.

In addition there's a third-party battery, a third-party charger, USB cable, A/V cable and a printed manual (which he bought from eBay - not original but not cheap either).

There's no box, no other paperwork and no software (although as I get the feeling I'm the only person on these boards that actually likes Pentax Photo Lab I doubt any of you will care about that ).

I've taken a few test shots (mainly to get the shutter count) and it all seems to work perfectly. The cosmetics are excellent with just a tiny amount of rubbing on the hotshoe where a flashgun has been on and off (see pic below).

Comment Image

I know he's looked after this camera very carefully and has never had any problems with it, he just wants to recoup some of the money he's spent on the K-5. As he's a bit skint I've already given him the cash so technically the camera belongs to me now, except I can't really afford it right now either so I'm just looking to get my money straight back - hence the giveaway price for a quick sale.

Payment via PayPal, cheque or cash (if you want to collect it from the Aylesbury area). Postage will be extra at cost, for the UK that will be £7 for Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery. I don't mind posting overseas but I'll only send via a tracked/insured service so it'll probably be in the region of £20-40 depending on where you live.

Someone please buy this quick before I end up keeping it - there's only so long I can keep repeating the mantra "there is nothing wrong with your K10D..."

First to PM me with a confirmed offer wins.
Joining the Q
BentlyTCow
Posted 08/05/2011 - 23:09 Link
PM sent!
hefty1
Posted 08/05/2011 - 23:49 Link
Sold - thanks for looking everybody and thanks to Duane for stopping me from keeping it...
Joining the Q
BentlyTCow
Posted 10/05/2011 - 15:45 Link
Arrived today just as described: in excellent condition! Thanks very much Paul Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with it a bit this evening.

Anyone know if the software that came with the K-7 is basically updated versions of what came with the older Pentax' or did it come with extra stuff? I have the K200d software so if it's the same I might install it and see if I can update to the latest version just to try it out.

Considering trying out that PKTether program too...

Thanks again!
alfpics
Posted 10/05/2011 - 16:20 Link
I believe it is just updated older software - so can download from the Pentax support website
Andy
Andy
hefty1
Posted 10/05/2011 - 16:36 Link
Glad you liked it - I knew whoever bought it would be pleased.
Joining the Q
BentlyTCow
Posted 10/05/2011 - 22:59 Link
Ah, good to know! Thanks Andy! And Paul!
dinneenp
Posted 11/05/2011 - 08:06 Link
Wow! that was a great price. I bought one recently but won't have it until middle of June....
Cheers,
Pa
http://www.photoblog.ie where every post have a musical reference as it's title.
BentlyTCow
Posted 12/05/2011 - 17:10 Link
Yeah I was happy to get it at that price - amazed no one else grabbed it first! Had a chance to try it out today and it's really fantastic!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.