For F**ks Sake!.
Posted 06/10/2010 - 20:55
Link
Steady with the language please...
I would if I wanted it, after all it's a free world and the seller is entitled to put out an auction starting at any price he or she wishes. We can then decide whether or not we wish to buy...doesn't particularly bother me to be honest!
I would if I wanted it, after all it's a free world and the seller is entitled to put out an auction starting at any price he or she wishes. We can then decide whether or not we wish to buy...doesn't particularly bother me to be honest!
Best regards, John
Posted 06/10/2010 - 20:55
Link
Nope, but I'm not a collector and I don't have a mint ME...
I'm not sure whether cameras attract the "mint in the box, never been opened" mentality but this seller clearly thinks they do!
I'm not sure whether cameras attract the "mint in the box, never been opened" mentality but this seller clearly thinks they do!
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 06/10/2010 - 21:03
Link
Yes the Box does make a difference. I love a pristine box.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 06/10/2010 - 21:05
Link
It doesn't surprise me in the least. I have kept all the boxes I got with recent acquisitions and have an ME in it's box! Being an utter nerd I find the development of Pentax packaging mildly interesting!
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 06/10/2010 - 21:11
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Perhaps we're all thinking at last we can admit to it too! Perhaps...
womble wrote:
Being an utter nerd I find the development of Pentax packaging mildly interesting!
I'm impressed with anyone that would admit to something like that Being an utter nerd I find the development of Pentax packaging mildly interesting!
Best regards, John
Posted 06/10/2010 - 21:17
Link
[Nasely Nerd Voice]
"did you know that between the years 1983 and 1994 Pentax used 42 different formulations of ink in their packaging. The lithographic process involved ..."
[/Nasely Nerd Voice]
I'm a nerd. I admit it
"did you know that between the years 1983 and 1994 Pentax used 42 different formulations of ink in their packaging. The lithographic process involved ..."
[/Nasely Nerd Voice]
I'm a nerd. I admit it
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 06/10/2010 - 21:19
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
"did you know that between the years 1983 and 1994 Pentax used 42 different formulations of ink in their packaging. The lithographic process involved ..."
Did you have to look that up or was it something you already knew?"did you know that between the years 1983 and 1994 Pentax used 42 different formulations of ink in their packaging. The lithographic process involved ..."
He asks in a slightly worried tone.
Posted 06/10/2010 - 21:21
Link
[You must enter a comment of at least 5 characters.]
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 06/10/2010 - 21:21
Link
Mike-P wrote:
He asks in a slightly worried tone.
Smeggypants wrote:
"did you know that between the years 1983 and 1994 Pentax used 42 different formulations of ink in their packaging. The lithographic process involved ..."
Did you have to look that up or was it something you already knew?"did you know that between the years 1983 and 1994 Pentax used 42 different formulations of ink in their packaging. The lithographic process involved ..."
He asks in a slightly worried tone.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 06/10/2010 - 21:24
Link
Just like Dinky Toys: _ except the contents performance are far more important
Posted 06/10/2010 - 21:25
Link
We seem to be opening up a whole new area of discovery here.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


753 posts
18 years
London.
Would you pay ten quid for an empty box?
Pardon my French in the title.
Mowog.