Flu Card does not work after update

actech12

Link Posted 26/07/2015 - 20:33
Does anyone else have this problem? I tried the flu card while away last week but it would not connect to my phone or tablet. The icons that were on the card are gone, the SSID FLUCARD_for_PENTAX is not visible in my Wi-Fi connections and I get this on the phone when trying to access the app in Chrome........

I found out there have been two flu card firmware updates now so followed the instructions, and am now showing 'FLUCARD_for_PENTAX' in the Wi-Fi communication menu (of the camera's menu) under SSID, and the correct (latest) firmware version info (00.01.00.01) and contents version (00.01.00.02), but still no icons showing even though they were in the updates and exactly as before. Have I got a duff flu card? Not very good if it is, as only two months old!
Any help would be gratefully received,
Dave
Always blame the equipment!!!!
Last Edited by actech12 on 26/07/2015 - 20:35

JAK

Link Posted 29/07/2015 - 22:38
If you are using a K-3, is the flucard in slot 2? If it isn't it may explain why the camera isn't seeing the card because apparently it needs to be.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 29/07/2015 - 22:40

actech12

Link Posted 30/07/2015 - 02:16
JAK wrote:
If you are using a K-3, is the flucard in slot 2? If it isn't it may explain why the camera isn't seeing the card because apparently it needs to be.

Yes it's stayed in slot 2 since I bought it. I have noticed the Pentax Forum site has a lot of posts about flu card problems (failing etc) but wanted to know if anyone on this site had experienced this.
Dave
Always blame the equipment!!!!
Last Edited by actech12 on 30/07/2015 - 02:18

JAK

Link Posted 30/07/2015 - 14:17
I haven't actually got one, but if I did and that happened I think I would take it out. Do a default setting of the camera. Re-insert it and see if it can be set up again. If that fails get in touch with the supplier for a replacement/refund.
John K
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.