Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Anyone having problens inserting images in posts ( regardless of size) if so what's the fix ?

Kayling
Posted 21/07/2015 - 09:35 Link
Sometimes they go in and sometimes they don't, regardless of size ( large or small).

Anyone else experiencing this and if so is there a fix ?
stu62
Posted 21/07/2015 - 10:03 Link
Some times my main problem is if I do portrait it will put it on as landscape yet every where else is fine I have to go and crop and save
Quote:

johnriley
Posted 21/07/2015 - 10:47 Link
Comment Image

Click the image button, choose a file and click Insert Image.
Best regards, John
Kayling
Posted 21/07/2015 - 17:55 Link
Thanks John, I will persevere and hope I can find a solution; these things happen on all sites and in general I realy like the PU site; if anybody else has any ideas they would be much appreciated

Regards

kayling
johnriley
Posted 21/07/2015 - 18:15 Link
You may have a localised internet problem, but it might help to make sure images are of modest size (I use 1000px on the horizontal) and are JPEGs. Also, sRGB is the colour space to use on the web.
Best regards, John
1stEverPentax
Posted 21/07/2015 - 21:21 Link
21:00 tuesday night...tried several times to start a new forum topic under 'Your Photos'...allows me to enter the title, and description of first image but when you click on 'image' to access image from computer nothing happens ...it just 'hangs'.

I've done this many times in the past so know it isn't me. The site seems extremely unreliable since its change a few months ago. I've had to download a completely different version of my browser just to get PU to work these past few weeks. ePhotozine has just stopped working on my older browser as well even though every other site i visit works fine using the older (as in 'classic') version which I prefer.

Need to get to the bottom of this John...it will be driving people away from the site as it seems to be happening a lot..ultimately the site won't make any money from 'pay per click' and will fold.
johnriley
Posted 21/07/2015 - 21:40 Link
It's odd, but I have never had an image that wouldn't post, unless my router had slowed down for some reason. I wonder if the page had properly loaded when you tried to post an image?
Best regards, John
1stEverPentax
Posted 21/07/2015 - 22:00 Link
It's not that the image won't post per se John, the box that allows you to identify and highlight the required image in the first place just isn't present at all. There is no way of selecting your image as the means to do so are not there.

I'll have another try tomorrow morning some time and see if anything has changed.

thanks.

Karlo
timcx500e
Posted 21/07/2015 - 22:55 Link
Ive had the same problem , tried posting picture of adaptor ring in an earlier post , have just tried again and it just hangs , however long i leave it to upload .
regards, tim.
Daronl
Posted 21/07/2015 - 23:04 Link
Same problem for me; done it many times but sometimes it just hangs and won't reinitialize .

It can make no difference if you exit the site and then logon again; the "insert image function" is still cycling but not accessible.

I have tried changing image size, image type, and image source; to no avail

Then curiously, another day everything goes in fine.

Regards

timcx500e wrote:
Ive had the same problem , tried posting picture of adaptor ring in an earlier post , have just tried again and it just hangs , however long i leave it to upload .
regards, tim.

Daronl
1stEverPentax
Posted 22/07/2015 - 12:20 Link
Have just tried again...1205pm..exactly same problem..try to insert image and nothing there to select image from. Not good.
johnriley
Posted 22/07/2015 - 13:03 Link
Please put in a report on your issue, giving as much detail as you can.
Best regards, John
AuraTodd
Posted 24/07/2015 - 19:34 Link
johnriley wrote:
Comment Image

Click the image button, choose a file and click Insert Image.

Looks a bit fishy...
AuraTodd
Posted 26/07/2015 - 12:15 Link
I am having a problem uploading a photo to the gallery, it keeps coming up saying the page can't be displayed. How do I sort this please?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.