Flower pics
Posted 07/05/2008 - 10:32
Link
I really like the first one; the square crop suits it perfectly. For the second I'd probably crop a lot more heavily and concentrate on the staymen (lose the border and a good chunk of the petals too). Keep 'em coming!
Joining the Q
Posted 07/05/2008 - 13:58
Link
Clarky, these are great, particularly the second one! '' The DoF you've chosen for it is ideal - sharp at the centre, and gradually blurring at the edges. I actually think that keeping the border of dark bokeh highlights the whiter shades in the petals, whereas a tighter crop would bring out the yellows more (by focusing on the stamen).
What do you think it would be like in mono?
As Hefty says, keep 'em coming!
What do you think it would be like in mono?
As Hefty says, keep 'em coming!
Keith
K100D Super, DA 18-55, M 50 1.4, M 100 4 Macro
"The present is the object of vision, and what I see before me at any given second is a full field of color-patches scattered just so. The configuration will never be repeated." ~ Annie Dillard
K100D Super, DA 18-55, M 50 1.4, M 100 4 Macro
"The present is the object of vision, and what I see before me at any given second is a full field of color-patches scattered just so. The configuration will never be repeated." ~ Annie Dillard
Posted 07/05/2008 - 14:42
Link
Thanks guys i will try your recommendations. I also was thinking of a mono version
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 07/05/2008 - 18:18
Link
Very nice.
I think that I probably agree about trying a tighter crop on No. 2
Stick to colour - that is what flowers are all about
I hope that you are not 'pandering' to Gwyn by showing us some flowers rather than insects
I think that I probably agree about trying a tighter crop on No. 2
Stick to colour - that is what flowers are all about
I hope that you are not 'pandering' to Gwyn by showing us some flowers rather than insects
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3125 posts
19 years
Sydney Australia
So i thought i would get in on the act.
All taken with the K20 and my D-FA macro
All CC encouraged and appreciated.
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|