Flashing F - -
Posted 17/04/2021 - 07:11
Link
Menu C4 line 26 allows you to enable / disable use of the aperture or page 111 of the destruction manual
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 17/04/2021 - 08:23
Link
Excellent - many thanks Chris.
Now I need to remember to change it back when I use the other lenses
Now I need to remember to change it back when I use the other lenses
Today is a great day - they always are if you wake up
Posted 17/04/2021 - 08:29
Link
davidruane wrote:
Now I need to remember to change it back when I use the other lenses
I leave mine set as above, imo no need to change it back, then whenever you use an older lens ( non A lens ) it just works as it should
Now I need to remember to change it back when I use the other lenses
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 17/04/2021 - 08:47
Link
You will need to use the camera in M mode for the lens to stop down.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 17/04/2021 - 11:52
Link
Thank you both - now once the clouds clear, I can watch for the stars
Today is a great day - they always are if you wake up
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


80 posts
10 years
Near Thessaloniki - Greece
I`ve just taken delivery of a Samyang T3.1 / 14MM ED AS IF UMC ULTRA WIDE Lens. It is a manual lens.
This is paired with a Pentax K1 ii camera.
I am getting the famous flashing F - - regardless of what setting I have the camera in. I realise from previous reading that this is the camera (super intelligent as it is) telling me that it can`t set the aperture. This leaves the camera unable to take any photographs
How can I clear this "error" message?
Many thanks
David