Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Flash wanted please.

organicimagery
Posted 10/02/2010 - 00:31 Link
Hello all. I hope all is well. I am after a flash. So I cancontinue the next part of my journey. Pentax or samsung please. Thanks
brooksy69
Posted 10/02/2010 - 11:49 Link
I have a Pentax AF360 that I would be willing to sell (I did offer it to another member recently, but wasnt what they were looking for).

It was bought (with my now sold) K10D in Aug 2008. Has seen light use off camera and is in very good nick (would like to replace it with an SB800 or the like for my nikon body). It is unboxed and instructions come on PDF (this was how this was sold as new to me by calumet). There is a piece of velcro on the head which I used to attach bounce cards and gobos.

Battery comparment is of course clean and all works well.

Looking for £120 posted to anywhere in the UK.
Let me know if interested and I can sort some decent photos for you to look at.
organicimagery
Posted 10/02/2010 - 17:44 Link
brooksy69 wrote:
I have a Pentax AF360 that I would be willing to sell (I did offer it to another member recently, but wasnt what they were looking for).

It was bought (with my now sold) K10D in Aug 2008. Has seen light use off camera and is in very good nick (would like to replace it with an SB800 or the like for my nikon body). It is unboxed and instructions come on PDF (this was how this was sold as new to me by calumet). There is a piece of velcro on the head which I used to attach bounce cards and gobos.

thanks for the offer buts avalible new with warranty for £126

http://panamoz.com/index.php/pentax-af-360-fgz-flash-for-pentax-and-samsung-dslr...
robbie_d
Posted 10/02/2010 - 18:38 Link
organicimagery wrote:
brooksy69 wrote:

thanks for the offer buts avalible new with warranty for £126

http://panamoz.com/index.php/pentax-af-360-fgz-flash-for-pentax-and-samsung-dslr...

I saw that deal re: the flash but hadn't heard of the retailer. Did a search and read things about that retailer around the net, such as items being sent from China so getting stung for VAT, invalid warranties, etc.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.
brooksy69
Posted 10/02/2010 - 19:26 Link
Hadn't seen that deal, but had priced according to similar on ebay (last one I followed went for £123 plus postage) so think actually its a pretty reasonable price
thoughton
Posted 10/02/2010 - 19:32 Link
Panamoz has come up for discussion before. It's a grey market importer with an office (someone's bedroom, probably) in Hong Kong.

I think £120 is a pretty good deal. At least one has sold here recently for 150-160, and even a Samsung one has gone for 120 or so, IIRC.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
FlickrFluidrPPGStreetPortfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Edited by thoughton: 10/02/2010 - 19:33
organicimagery
Posted 10/02/2010 - 19:59 Link
Ok great. Thankyou for that information. It's greatly appriciated. Would you post some images for me. Thanks
organicimagery
Posted 10/02/2010 - 21:25 Link
cardiff_gareth wrote:
What about a new Metz 48 AF1 - new for around £150 ?

Are you selling yours?
robbie_d
Posted 10/02/2010 - 21:46 Link
organicimagery wrote:
cardiff_gareth wrote:

Are you selling yours?

I think he meant you can get a new one for that much.

Apparently.
dml82
Posted 11/02/2010 - 09:52 Link
i have a pentax af360 which is in mint condition, only used a handful of times. i really want to replace it as i want one that swivels. pm me if interested and i'll think about price.

would you believe i was stung for £300 for it new at spectrum photography on tottenham court road in london. i was in a hurry to get the flash for a particular job and just trusted them not to be too overpriced... i had to bargain them down from £350!! and this was november last year, when i believe other shops were doing it for aroun £200. suffice to say they aren't getting any repeat business from me.
robbie_d
Posted 11/02/2010 - 10:28 Link
cardiff_gareth wrote:
robbie_d wrote:
Quote:
cardiff_gareth wrote:

Are you selling yours?

I think he meant you can get a new one for that much.

Yep thats what I meant, not selling mine only just got it lol !!

Out of interest Gareth, how do you rate the Metz?

Apparently.
Edited by robbie_d: 11/02/2010 - 10:29
robbie_d
Posted 11/02/2010 - 15:03 Link
cardiff_gareth wrote:
I love it. Bearing in mind the Pentax/Samsung 360 flash is only a 2 way flash head the Metz for only a little extra is a full 3 way head. I didn't read the manual just put it on and away I went. I haven't noticed any under / over exposure and so far its been spot on. I even had a play with the flash off camera with the camera set to controller and pop up flash set as wireless mode and took some pictures like that and again it didn't get the exposures wrong so I'm dead happy with it.

One thing I'm yet to play with is the high speed flash sync - not sure where you'd use that feature though ??

There is so much on it that its gonna be a learning curve for all the features - I highly recommend it !

Sounds good. I've been looking to get a flash myself and the Metz is certainly one I'm considering.

Sorry to OP for taking thread slightly off course.

Apparently.
organicimagery
Posted 11/02/2010 - 21:49 Link
Gareth I am also looking at the same flash now. Where did you purchase it from. Thanks
pink
Posted 11/02/2010 - 22:14 Link
I have a pentax AF400FTZ for sale if you are interested

£25.00 plus P&P paypal buyer to pay fee's

James
organicimagery
Posted 12/02/2010 - 01:01 Link
cardiff_gareth wrote:
Got it from SRS, when you up your sisters next, you'll have to pop in and see it in the flesh and fire some shots off so you can see before you buy ?? I'm away till Tuesday this weekend, BUTLINS !! but i'll be back next week ?

Ok great thanks for the offer, will be down next week some point as im about to become an uncle again,lol thanks agin for the offer thats very kind of you.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.