Five with a 20

LennyBloke

Link Posted 18/05/2020 - 18:39
Taken on and around the Malvern Hills Yesterday morning...

1. View from North Hill

2. From the slopes of The Beacon

3. Happy Valley Giant

4. Happy Valley Canopy

5. Donkey Shed

6. Herefordshire View

K1 MkII & FA 20mm f2.8
LennyBloke

Defragged

Link Posted 18/05/2020 - 22:31
Lovely images with superb clarity.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Lubbyman

Link Posted 18/05/2020 - 22:38
The hawthorn in 1, the paths in 2, the inverted V of sky in 3 - deliberate or not, they make those pictures rather special to my eyes . Nos. 4 and 6 don't do anything for me . The jury is still out on 5 - it's too much of a reminder of the old, rotting and weed-penetrated wood I was struggling with this afternoon!

I was talking to some old friends on Saturday who live on the west side of the hills. They commented that they were fortunate to have the hills for their 'permitted exercise'. Your pictures show why.

A technical question - is the horizon in No. 1 showing the curvature of the earth, the rise and fall of the land or a characteristic of the lens?

Steve

LennyBloke

Link Posted 19/05/2020 - 19:50
Thanks both for the comments

Lubbyman wrote:
...A technical question - is the horizon in No. 1 showing the curvature of the earth, the rise and fall of the land or a characteristic of the lens?

Steve

Not totally sure but I suspect the fact that I was pointing the camera down quite a bit (to capture the vibrant greens on the slope below me) has partly caused the exaggerated effect. I don't do a lot of lens correction stuff in PP unless it looks particularly odd

The Hills really have been a blessing over these past few weeks - we've been guilty of taking them for granted for many years, sometimes walking on them only a handful of times per year - but we are now up there at least twice a week and have found several new routes. We are probably fitter now than we have been for a few years
LennyBloke

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 20/05/2020 - 14:10
Lovely set John... super part of the world, and you've really done it justice... the FA 20 and K1ii is a pretty formidable combination...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

LennyBloke

Link Posted 20/05/2020 - 21:58
Thanks Bill - it is a lovely part of the world, and I appreciate it so much more now
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.