Five in Five

LennyBloke
Posted 01/10/2020 - 16:32 Link
Five monochrome images taken in five minutes...

1. Hazel Leaves
Comment Image


2. Apple Leaves
Comment Image


3. Chilli Leaves
Comment Image


4. Deep Skies
Comment Image


5. Parallel Blinds
Comment Image


All taken with the FA*85/1.4 on the K1 MkII
LennyBloke
Benz3ne
Posted 01/10/2020 - 20:36 Link
Lovely high contrast stuff here J!
How are the chillis? I’ve recently planted some myself (wrong time of year I know...). Was expecting one or two little shoots but I’m up to a grand total of 10!
Comment Image
LennyBloke
Posted 02/10/2020 - 09:50 Link
Benz3ne wrote:
Lovely high contrast stuff here J!
How are the chillis? I’ve recently planted some myself (wrong time of year I know...). Was expecting one or two little shoots but I’m up to a grand total of 10!
Comment Image
The photo is a "spare" chilli plant - the main ones are currently producing nicely, this one never got re-potted but didn't want to die off, so it's surviving in a tiny pot
LennyBloke
Benz3ne
Posted 02/10/2020 - 11:16 Link
LennyBloke wrote:

The photo is a "spare" chilli plant - the main ones are currently producing nicely, this one never got re-potted but didn't want to die off, so it's surviving in a tiny pot
Ha! I have to say I love a good dollop of spice. Looking forward to my Apache Chillis fruiting in the future. Apparently a similar heat level to Habanero so I’ll probably make some sauces from them... or try it in a mango chutney.
pschlute
Posted 02/10/2020 - 11:56 Link
Number 5 grabs me here. Patterns, lines, and tone. Great stuff.
Edited by pschlute: 02/10/2020 - 11:57
womble
Posted 02/10/2020 - 12:55 Link
Nice, set, especially no. 1. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
davidwozhere
Posted 03/10/2020 - 00:37 Link
definitely especially the 1st one!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
davidtrout
Posted 04/10/2020 - 09:18 Link
The first one for me too.
David
Sry
Posted 05/10/2020 - 21:01 Link
Fine set indeed, LennyB, great detail, light, and processing. The chili leaves are a step ahead for me - in and out of focus elements coexist throughout the image, rendering it both vibrant and dreamy, real and unreal. Very subtle tones to boot.
LennyBloke
Posted 05/10/2020 - 21:22 Link
Thanks for all the comments - I do enjoy the feedback and in particular seeing what it is that appeals to others. With many of the sets I have posted I have one or two that I think stand out from the rest, but they are rarely the ones that get commented on by the majority
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo