Five in Five

LennyBloke

Link Posted 01/10/2020 - 16:32
Five monochrome images taken in five minutes...

1. Hazel Leaves

2. Apple Leaves

3. Chilli Leaves

4. Deep Skies

5. Parallel Blinds

All taken with the FA*85/1.4 on the K1 MkII
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 01/10/2020 - 20:36
Lovely high contrast stuff here J!
How are the chillis? Iíve recently planted some myself (wrong time of year I know...). Was expecting one or two little shoots but Iím up to a grand total of 10!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 02/10/2020 - 09:50
Benz3ne wrote:
Lovely high contrast stuff here J!
How are the chillis? Iíve recently planted some myself (wrong time of year I know...). Was expecting one or two little shoots but Iím up to a grand total of 10!

The photo is a "spare" chilli plant - the main ones are currently producing nicely, this one never got re-potted but didn't want to die off, so it's surviving in a tiny pot
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 02/10/2020 - 11:16
LennyBloke wrote:

The photo is a "spare" chilli plant - the main ones are currently producing nicely, this one never got re-potted but didn't want to die off, so it's surviving in a tiny pot

Ha! I have to say I love a good dollop of spice. Looking forward to my Apache Chillis fruiting in the future. Apparently a similar heat level to Habanero so Iíll probably make some sauces from them... or try it in a mango chutney.

pschlute

Link Posted 02/10/2020 - 11:56
Number 5 grabs me here. Patterns, lines, and tone. Great stuff.
Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 02/10/2020 - 11:57

womble

Link Posted 02/10/2020 - 12:55
Nice, set, especially no. 1. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

davidwozhere

Link Posted 03/10/2020 - 00:37
definitely especially the 1st one!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

davidtrout

Link Posted 04/10/2020 - 09:18
The first one for me too.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

Sry

Link Posted 05/10/2020 - 21:01
Fine set indeed, LennyB, great detail, light, and processing. The chili leaves are a step ahead for me - in and out of focus elements coexist throughout the image, rendering it both vibrant and dreamy, real and unreal. Very subtle tones to boot.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/10/2020 - 21:22
Thanks for all the comments - I do enjoy the feedback and in particular seeing what it is that appeals to others. With many of the sets I have posted I have one or two that I think stand out from the rest, but they are rarely the ones that get commented on by the majority
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.