Five in a row - Simon Arron
Posted 12/10/2014 - 09:07
Link
I was covering an event at Snetterton yesterday, Nigel, and chatted to a pro photographer friend. He is of the old school and shoots one frame at a time. The machine-gunning topic came up, because it irritates him, too, so recently he asked an agency snapper why he did it. The answer was simple: he was working for a sponsor, who wanted as many shots as possible and was more interested in a sharp car than whether the background was nicely composed. If there was a sawn-off grandstand behind, the client wasn't concerned. Hence the photographer's job was to remain trigger-happy every time the car came past, and then to follow it all the way through the corner.
Commerce, then, rather than artistry, but I guess in his position we'd all do the same.
Commerce, then, rather than artistry, but I guess in his position we'd all do the same.
Posted 12/10/2014 - 16:37
Link
It can obviously work well for some situations. For fast paced action surely there are times when you've got more chances of a few 'fluke' crackers from a burst than if you kept trying to snatch the single shots?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 12/10/2014 - 19:01
Link
That's undoubtedly true, Nigel, but I'm just a stubborn old purist!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


5986 posts
14 years
Surrey,
England
A great finish to your 5 Simon. The Robin is excellent, I love the OOF background which complements the subject really well. Thanks for giving us a great and greatly varied 5 in a Row!
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver