Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

First to jump

This topic has a poll - login to enter
stu62
Posted 19/09/2017 - 17:08 Link
As the press are saying that nikon are going ff mirrorless

I wonder if Pentax will take the risk and bring out a new ff and I don't meen digital

As there seems to be a demand for film cameras world wide it could be a money spinner with the new range off lenses

What you think
Posted 19/09/2017 - 18:06 Link
FF mirrorles is still a unique selling point , with little competition.

Ff mirrorles with backward compatibillity is truly a unique selling proposotion , .
Algernon
Posted 19/09/2017 - 18:40 Link
If Pentax were daft enough to listen to their users They would bring a camera out that didn't take photographs Just clicked when you pressed the shutter

It would have a frame counter that went backwards and showed how many photographs you hadn't taken today

They could also bring out lenses with no glass or SDM motors in them

Come on Pentax.... Let's have another Pentax 1st

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 19/09/2017 - 18:41
wvbarnes
Posted 19/09/2017 - 19:27 Link
Nikon have said they are researching a single model full frame mirrorless for their range. it will no doubt also be very expensive.

With Polaroids, vinyl discs or even cassettes and some old film makes back in vogue there will always be niches.

Rather than a film Pentax I'd be intrigued by a more compact digital slr model without a bulky LCD screen.

As it is i don't think Ricoh is in to risk taking other than 360 degree gadgets etc the Japan market seems to go gooey over.

I just hope they stick to what they do now as I don't want to relearn with a new and expensive system in a couple of years whatever the make.

No glass could actually happen if current sensor developments come to fruition. mind you a smart phone is nearly that eh?
Defragged
Posted 20/09/2017 - 23:52 Link
Algernon wrote:
If Pentax were daft enough to listen to their users They would bring a camera out that didn't take photographs Just clicked when you pressed the shutter

It would have a frame counter that went backwards and showed how many photographs you hadn't taken today

They could also bring out lenses with no glass or SDM motors in them

Come on Pentax.... Let's have another Pentax 1st

--

Lol...
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 21/09/2017 - 09:40 Link
I think a new film camera could potentially sell, though I myself use Pentax film cameras. The problem would be that it wouldn't be any cheaper than a decent digital SLR and there are still so many beautifully crafted and fully functional film SLRs out there. My favourite is the K2 DMD.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.