First pics with the 50 1.4.
Posted 10/01/2008 - 01:03
Link
Cracking shots, I like the first, but the second is superb.
What lens is it?
What lens is it?
K100D Super, 18-55, 50-200, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 70mm macro and lots of old lenses
Posted 10/01/2008 - 08:07
Link
Convert the second to Mono and post it in the competition this week. It would have a good shot
Posted 10/01/2008 - 15:50
Link
Thanks for the comments - might try the 2nd in the comp - its between that and a simple picture of frosty grass which I like.
Quote:
...What lens is it?
Its the 50mm 1.4 - bought it from SRS £149. Makes you think lots more, move about and concentrate on the composition. My first prime but probably not the last.
...What lens is it?
Posted 10/01/2008 - 17:02
Link
So that's a modern lens is it not the classic SMC manual focus? (sorry but I am not yet up to date fully with what's available)
K100D Super, 18-55, 50-200, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 70mm macro and lots of old lenses
Posted 10/01/2008 - 17:20
Link
It will be the FA 50mm F/1.4 MX
Nice shots.
Nice shots.
Posted 10/01/2008 - 23:48
Link
First one's excellent, second one more so. I got the 50 1.4 back in the early summer and couldn't get enough of it. Nice to go out with just the one lens now and again (and leave my 10-20 at home).
Keep it up!
Dan
Keep it up!
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 11/01/2008 - 00:03
Link
I love #2 as well.
My monitor is showing concentric pale blue halos around the flower.
Is this my crappy monitor?
I have an old M42 Screw mount 50mm 1:1.4 (de-yellowed) which is an astounding lens. Looks like Pentax kept the magic going forward. Another great old prime was the 135mm 1:2.5. Don't know if it has a modern equivalent - these were Super Takumars - pre SMC!
Great stuff!
My monitor is showing concentric pale blue halos around the flower.
Is this my crappy monitor?
I have an old M42 Screw mount 50mm 1:1.4 (de-yellowed) which is an astounding lens. Looks like Pentax kept the magic going forward. Another great old prime was the 135mm 1:2.5. Don't know if it has a modern equivalent - these were Super Takumars - pre SMC!
Great stuff!
Mac from Montreal
SP, SPII, SPF, PZ-10, P30, SFX, K110D, istDS, Optio 60, Z-10, H90, RZ10, I-10, f3.5 28mm, f1.8 55mm, f1.4 50mm, f3.5 135mm, f2.5 135mm, f4 50mm Macro, f4.5 80-200 F, f4 35-70, f3.5 28-80, f3.5 35-135, f3.5 18-55, f1.8 31mm Ltd., two Auto 110's, Auto 110 lenses and filters, tubes, bellows, Manfrottos and a sore back.
SP, SPII, SPF, PZ-10, P30, SFX, K110D, istDS, Optio 60, Z-10, H90, RZ10, I-10, f3.5 28mm, f1.8 55mm, f1.4 50mm, f3.5 135mm, f2.5 135mm, f4 50mm Macro, f4.5 80-200 F, f4 35-70, f3.5 28-80, f3.5 35-135, f3.5 18-55, f1.8 31mm Ltd., two Auto 110's, Auto 110 lenses and filters, tubes, bellows, Manfrottos and a sore back.
Posted 11/01/2008 - 01:39
Link
Quote:
So that's a modern lens is it not the classic SMC manual focus? (sorry but I am not yet up to date fully with what's available)
It's one of those lenses that doesn't change much, really - as far as the glass goes - the important stuff! The optical formular hasn't changed since the manual-focus "A" version of the 1980s, according to www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/index.html#dataSo that's a modern lens is it not the classic SMC manual focus? (sorry but I am not yet up to date fully with what's available)
Some comments on some of the various versions are here:
http://stans-photography.info/LongComments.html#50%20mm%20Lenses
~Pete
Posted 11/01/2008 - 01:54
Link
Quote:
I love #2 as well.
My monitor is showing concentric pale blue halos around the flower.
Is this my crappy monitor?
I don't know if your monitor or browser is crappier or better than mine, but I can't see any halos at all.
I love #2 as well.
My monitor is showing concentric pale blue halos around the flower.
Is this my crappy monitor?
~Pete
Posted 11/01/2008 - 11:11
Link
Me neither.
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep". ~Scott Adams
Q | Various Q lenses & filters | KP | 35mm 2.8 Macro
Q | Various Q lenses & filters | KP | 35mm 2.8 Macro
Posted 11/01/2008 - 11:42
Link
I can't see any halo's either.
Posted 11/01/2008 - 11:42
Link
I see no halos - I think you might need a new monitor Mac...
Joining the Q
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


63 posts
18 years
Liverpool,
England
Got up early and snapped a few on the way to work.
Sugar and sunshine. The vignetting is all mine.
Shot over the top of my cornflakes bowl.
Yep the focus was out - hand shake - but the first pic I've ever had where I've loved the OOF background. Think the colours are cool and those dancing circles inside the railings just do it for me.
Great lens .