Films loaded

K10D

Link Posted 24/04/2014 - 13:12
Good to see Peter Elgars images of the motorcycles taken on film

It's Anzac Day here tomorrow (25th) and I'm off over to Kalgoorlie again for the weekend. Three of the cameras going with me are an MZ-S, 645N II and a KX. There's also three DSLR's going. Primarily I'm intending to shoot more film than digital.

Why?

Seems a more relaxed way of shooting.
The suspense involved in waiting to see the results.
To see if I can do the job justice.

...and it's a good way to strike up conversation with other photographers who normally show surprise when they see film being used.

Fortunately, Perth has one of the best film processing houses in Australia.

Fitzgeralds. Absolute professionals.

So by the following weekend I'll see the results.

With the weather on the up in the UK it may just be time for some there to load a roll......

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

K10D

Link Posted 26/04/2014 - 01:46
Soooo, it's persistently precipitating.....it down. Wow, this Ozy weather is a challenge. Red mud covers most vehicles and my trip to Ballard Lake can't go ahead for safety reasons.

It's down to imagination and street shots me thinks, though not with the film bodies getting drenched.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Smeggypants

Link Posted 26/04/2014 - 07:53
K10D wrote:
Primarily I'm intending to shoot more film than digital.

Why?

Seems a more relaxed way of shooting.
The suspense involved in waiting to see the results.
To see if I can do the job justice.

I can relate to that.

Digital satisfies my manic right brain trigger finger as an impulse shooter who sees something exciting and doesn't hesitate to press the shutter button. And I've got a multitude of cool pics that I wouldn't have got on film.

however film caters for the other end of spectrum where it kind of forces you to make a considered decision about the shot as you've only got 24/36 attempts and as you say you have to wait to see the results.

There's pros and cons to both methods.

I have to say there's something more valuable about a shot taken on film. It might be just psychological based upon the fact you cant just rattle them off, preview instantly and take again if not right, btu none the less that value is still there.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.