film vs digital

gartmore

Link Posted 04/12/2008 - 15:06
I found this interesting article on choose-film.com link
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

womble

Link Posted 04/12/2008 - 19:46
Interesting read. It quite quite true that most shops sell second hand gear for more than ebay (eg the shop on Tottenham Court Road that I bought a battery from today had a SMC-M 50mm f/1.4 for 70quid whereas they average about 50 on ebay) BUT, of course, one is gambling a bit with quality and you don't get a guarantee. One pays ones money and... etc etc.

Thanks for the link.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Hardgravity

Link Posted 04/12/2008 - 22:09
I've had good and bad lenses and bodies from ebay. The advantage of a shop is you can handle the items and hagle.

As the saying goes, you pays your money...
Quote:
Persuading younger generations of up and coming photographers that film based photography still offers tremendous value for money, is a hard one.

I have no problem on this side, my daughter (Honesty) is happy to use both film and digital, as you may see in her gallery.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.