Fill The Gap

Ratcatcher
Posted 18/07/2008 - 18:11 Link
I think i might keep an eye open for a good price on the 55-300. Any info on it ?.
I am a bit reluctant to get rid of the 80-320 as it cost me £85 about a year ago plus another £65 to have it repaired with a new Iris.
Edited by Ratcatcher: 18/07/2008 - 18:12
Ratcatcher
Posted 21/07/2008 - 18:45 Link
I have decided to ditch the 80-320 and go for the 55-300 instead.
Your views on this lens or any other within the range would be most helpful.
Malo1961
Posted 21/07/2008 - 19:11 - Helpful Comment Link
Hi Richard,
I think you already answered your own question. The DA 55-300 fills the gap perfectly. Just look here to convince yourself of a very wise choice made.
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Ratcatcher
Posted 21/07/2008 - 19:26 Link
you're right Malo but you know what it's like you need to be sure.
Ratcatcher
Posted 22/07/2008 - 17:52 Link
I've decided to get the 55-300 probably from SRS although Digital Depot are selling it for £214.99. problem is neither of them have it in stock.
The 80-320 is now for sale on E-Bay.
Edited by Ratcatcher: 22/07/2008 - 17:52
Ratcatcher
Posted 25/07/2008 - 13:02 Link
Ordered the 55-300 Thursday lunchtime from SRS and it arrived first thing this morning, now thats what i call excellent service.
Can't wait to use it.
No joy on E-Bay yet with the 80-320.
Edited by Ratcatcher: 25/07/2008 - 13:04
Malo1961
Posted 25/07/2008 - 14:12 Link
Enjoy your new lens Richard. What I have seen from it, the lens will not disappoint you.
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Ratcatcher
Posted 26/07/2008 - 09:29 Link
I'm selling the 80-320 on ebay for £100 or best offer is this a fair price.
Clarky
Posted 26/07/2008 - 09:36 Link
Ratcatcher wrote:
I'm selling the 80-320 on ebay for £100 or best offer is this a fair price.
I sold one for a buddy last week. unboxed but in mint condition and got AU$180 (90quid in your speak) So i think 100quid would be all its money, but you never know i guess.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
ChrisA
Posted 26/07/2008 - 09:50 Link
Ratcatcher wrote:
I'm selling the 80-320 on ebay for £100 or best offer is this a fair price.
I think so. eBay selling prices are very unpredictable, though.

This one went for £84 recently, which I'd have said is a bit on the low side, but it may be that the fact that the DA 55-300 is now available makes all the existing lenses of that range (eg 75-300, 80-320) a bit less desirable.

My guess is that now that the Pentax range of new lenses is so much more complete than it was this time last year, the enormous price inflation in A-series and later lenses that we saw this time last year is over.
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Edited by ChrisA: 26/07/2008 - 09:52

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo