Few from Stanage Edge

carmagw

Link Posted 17/09/2015 - 20:28
I actually went to Burbage this morning to try out a new 10 stop filter but within seconds there were hundreds of midges buzzing round me so I gave this up, went home and had a look through some pictures I'd taken earlier this year with a fresh eye.

No 1

No 2

No 3

No 4

No 5

No 6 (something about this I like)

No 7

No 8

C&C welcome, only just started to get a bit more into taking landscapes.

Regards

George
Last Edited by carmagw on 17/09/2015 - 20:31

08tiger

Link Posted 18/09/2015 - 07:12
Nice set, did you have a filter on for these? if so what do you use?
C&C welcome.
Don.

alfpics

Link Posted 18/09/2015 - 08:17
No 7 appeals to me the most - great composition and the lighting on the sheep makes it for me.

My wife and I got hold of some midge headnets (not mosquito - mesh is too large) for Scotland. You look a bit silly in them, but you don't care about that when the midges are out in force!!
Andy

carmagw

Link Posted 18/09/2015 - 17:14
Thanks for the comments,

08tiger wrote:
Nice set, did you have a filter on for these? if so what do you use?

-

For these I didnt use a filter (although I have since started to use them), all shot in raw and underexposed with shadows recovered in lightroom. Added graduated filters in lightroom as well.

alfpics wrote:
No 7 appeals to me the most - great composition and the lighting on the sheep makes it for me.

My wife and I got hold of some midge headnets (not mosquito - mesh is too large) for Scotland. You look a bit silly in them, but you don't care about that when the midges are out in force!!

No 7 is possibly my favorite as well, shame there a bit of sun flare on it though. Could have done with the midge headnet the other day, it was like the dinner bell had been rung as I got there !

George

davidstorm

Link Posted 18/09/2015 - 21:01
Some great compositions in here George, number 2 being probably my favourite.

I do think though that they suffer in general for having been taken without a ND Graduated filter; the balance between sky and ground is a fight in some of them. I noted your observation in another thread that you have started to use filters and I think this will benefit your landscapes massively.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Lingevres

Link Posted 19/09/2015 - 14:29
Nice skies, I really like 2 and 7, they just work better in my eyes.

John

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 21/09/2015 - 18:45
I like No.2. No.4 would look great in mono if you used the big stopper and had good cloud movement
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

carmagw

Link Posted 23/09/2015 - 11:00
Thanks for your comments

davidstorm wrote:
Some great compositions in here George, number 2 being probably my favourite.
I do think though that they suffer in general for having been taken without a ND Graduated filter; the balance between sky and ground is a fight in some of them. I noted your observation in another thread that you have started to use filters and I think this will benefit your landscapes massively.

David, i agree they would have probably been better with a grad filter, I'm still quite pleased with how they came out as I was out with the family at the time (can be seen in No 5) so just grabbed the camera on the way out of the door.

cardiffgareth wrote:
I like No.2. No.4 would look great in mono if you used the big stopper and had good cloud movement

Hopefully will get a chance to use the 10 stop filter soon !

Regards

George
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.