FA 77 Ltd

NaimKhan

Link Posted 23/10/2017 - 16:09
Got my FA77 Ltd today - used, off EBay and a reasonable price.
Below are a few test shots. I thought I had kept the same settings except the aperture but it appears I forgot to keep the ISO fixed . All the LR settings are identical (copied from the first image and pasted to the rest). Any comment whether you think there are any issues with the lens? To me it looks OK.

f1.8

f2.8

f4.0

f5.6

f7.1

f8

PPG

Fishbones

Link Posted 23/10/2017 - 22:40
A great lens, compact and sharp. Mine needed no focus adjustments and I have used it for many subjects from landscape, macro (with a tube), wildlife and portrait. It is in the latter it really shines. A real gem of a lens that I probably don't use enough and from your samples it looks like you have a great copy. Prices have crept up over the last couple of years which would stop me buying one now but I have no plans to let my copy go
"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop." Ansel Adams

BarneyL

Link Posted 24/10/2017 - 07:37
Are you that happy guy that got black, Made In Japan one for 390? I tried to bid few seconds before end, but that was exactly when my router decided to have a break. Oh well...

Love the 3D effect and the bokeh. Damn, why these are so expensive nowadays
K-3 II, DA 16-85, DA 55-300 PLM, FA 43, D-FA 100mm WR, few S-M-C Takumars

LennyBloke

Link Posted 24/10/2017 - 08:00
No obvious issues, but you need to be pixel peeping at large images on thin D.O.F. shots to look for focus issues. I assume you've given the lens a good visual inspection looking through the elements (fungus, excessive dust, haze).

It's a lovely lens - I'm sure you'll enjoy it
LennyBloke

NaimKhan

Link Posted 24/10/2017 - 11:31
BarneyL wrote:
Are you that happy guy that got black, Made In Japan one for 390? I tried to bid few seconds before end, but that was exactly when my router decided to have a break. Oh well...
Love the 3D effect and the bokeh. Damn, why these are so expensive nowadays

That's right. I think it is a pretty good price!
LennyBloke wrote:
No obvious issues, but you need to be pixel peeping at large images on thin D.O.F. shots to look for focus issues. I assume you've given the lens a good visual inspection looking through the elements (fungus, excessive dust, haze).

It's a lovely lens - I'm sure you'll enjoy it

Yes I did inspect it - no obvious issues that I could see. Even externally there are no scratches or dints.
PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.