FA 24-90 falling to bits.

aliengrove

Link Posted 07/07/2013 - 15:41
This lens is almost permanently on my K5, as it's the one I use most for aerial shots. Today I noticed that the whole focusing ring moves, with a gap between the focus ring and aperture ring. The whole thing is also a bit wonky. The lens has always wobbled a bit (the build quality of these lenses is terrible, but the optics are, or rather were, excellent), but now it's unusable. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if it would be economically viable to get it fixed and if so, who would be the best people to send it to and how much would it be likely to cost?
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

dpm

Link Posted 07/07/2013 - 16:22
you might consider removing the mount and checking that the next "ring" of screws in are all tight, before panicking too much.

George Lazarette

Link Posted 08/07/2013 - 14:38
This isn't the first lens to have suffered a loose screw or two. Do you often take it in the car or on a motorbike? The vibrations are a possible cause.

As DPM says, remove the mount and check.
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

geordie01

Link Posted 08/07/2013 - 15:53
I had a k55/1.8 that the screws holding the lens barrel came loose and the the barrel was wobbly.I drive round in a diesel van I think that was the cause. Sent it away for repair and it came back all lovely.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.