f2.8 50-135mm
Posted 05/11/2012 - 20:33
Link
Lenses don't cause noise, so I'm not sure what you're seeing here. It looks like a very wide aperture, so apart from the point of focus everything else is diffused.
What were the exposure details?
What were the exposure details?
Best regards, John
Posted 05/11/2012 - 20:37
Link
Everything is possible - just not today.
K7, K100d, 18-55mm kit, 50-200mm, Sigma 70-300mm, 50mm f1.4, 16-45mm f4.0, 50-135mm f2.8
K7, K100d, 18-55mm kit, 50-200mm, Sigma 70-300mm, 50mm f1.4, 16-45mm f4.0, 50-135mm f2.8
Posted 05/11/2012 - 20:39
Link
First one is lovely - nothing at all wrong. Second does look very noisy
Posted 05/11/2012 - 20:40
Link
difussed? ahhhhhhhhhhhh - just looked at the settings - I thought it was f4 but it was f1.4 - I need to be more careful
Everything is possible - just not today.
K7, K100d, 18-55mm kit, 50-200mm, Sigma 70-300mm, 50mm f1.4, 16-45mm f4.0, 50-135mm f2.8
K7, K100d, 18-55mm kit, 50-200mm, Sigma 70-300mm, 50mm f1.4, 16-45mm f4.0, 50-135mm f2.8
Posted 05/11/2012 - 20:43
Link
milamber wrote:
First one is lovely - nothing at all wrong. Second does look very noisy
not too sure about the focusing on either of them - but I was so disappointed with the quality of the image - thought I must be doing something wrong - just being too quick and not checking - but kids just don't sit still long enough for me!!!
First one is lovely - nothing at all wrong. Second does look very noisy
Everything is possible - just not today.
K7, K100d, 18-55mm kit, 50-200mm, Sigma 70-300mm, 50mm f1.4, 16-45mm f4.0, 50-135mm f2.8
K7, K100d, 18-55mm kit, 50-200mm, Sigma 70-300mm, 50mm f1.4, 16-45mm f4.0, 50-135mm f2.8
Posted 06/11/2012 - 08:39
Link
beebee wrote:
difussed? ahhhhhhhhhhhh - just looked at the settings - I thought it was f4 but it was f1.4 - I need to be more careful
f1.4? Not with the 50-135.
difussed? ahhhhhhhhhhhh - just looked at the settings - I thought it was f4 but it was f1.4 - I need to be more careful
Posted 06/11/2012 - 08:40
Link
A lens with a maximum aperture of f2.8 can't be at F1.4, neither of them look sharp and I wonder if the second was badly underexposed?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 06/11/2012 - 14:29
Link
I also note that it has had a fairly heavy crop
I have taken the liberty of a minor adjustment in LR3 and although smoother - not massively sharp

I have taken the liberty of a minor adjustment in LR3 and although smoother - not massively sharp

No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 06/11/2012 - 18:03
Link
Looks like front focussing.
You need to lets us know the exif data as others have said
You need to lets us know the exif data as others have said
K5iis and a couple of lenses.
Posted 06/11/2012 - 18:03
Link
Looks like its front focussing to me. The hair is in focus on the forehead but the eyes and eyebrows are soft.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 06/11/2012 - 18:04
Link
Pentaxonian wrote:
Looks like front focussing.
You need to lets us know the exif data as others have said
Snap lol
Looks like front focussing.
You need to lets us know the exif data as others have said
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 06/11/2012 - 18:39
Link
gone back to look at the EXIF data - the second image was shot with the 50mm 1.4 lense - ISO 400 - so rubbish due to EVERYTHING going wrong. wish I had slowed down and checked what I was up to - front focussing sounds like I am not managing to focus on the point I thought I was focussing on - just BAD technique - must admit the dark room, new lense and very excitable little girl made life difficult for me. I will take a step back and concentrate on my focussing and trying to get good exposure. Thank you for the help, I was taken aback by the set of rubbish shots as soon as I put my new lense on - as with all new things there is a need to get to know the equipment.
Everything is possible - just not today.
K7, K100d, 18-55mm kit, 50-200mm, Sigma 70-300mm, 50mm f1.4, 16-45mm f4.0, 50-135mm f2.8
K7, K100d, 18-55mm kit, 50-200mm, Sigma 70-300mm, 50mm f1.4, 16-45mm f4.0, 50-135mm f2.8
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



88 posts
18 years
Am I doing something wrong - ISO 100, good speed and aperture but the noise level on images from this lense seems a bit much. Any help would be very welcome - haven't got the hang of the lense yet. I have tried auto, Av and fully manual - maybe it's just me!!!
K7, K100d, 18-55mm kit, 50-200mm, Sigma 70-300mm, 50mm f1.4, 16-45mm f4.0, 50-135mm f2.8