F or FA
Posted 01/02/2012 - 11:04
Link
No.... Retail Price is Retail Price
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 01/02/2012 - 11:08
Link
Posted 01/02/2012 - 20:19
Link
Well, I didn't imagine my simple question would bring forth such a wealth of information. I have found all the posts fascinating and illuminating. Thank you all for your time and interest. I hope some other members will find your expert advice just as helpful.
The end result for me is that I have bought the F 1.7 from a member and am looking forward to putting into action on Friday.
I bought my SP1000 in 1976 for £99.50. I have often wondered what that would equate to today and which current model the money would buy. A fruitless question I know as the camera itself must be virtually valueless today.
Kind regards
Bob
The end result for me is that I have bought the F 1.7 from a member and am looking forward to putting into action on Friday.
I bought my SP1000 in 1976 for £99.50. I have often wondered what that would equate to today and which current model the money would buy. A fruitless question I know as the camera itself must be virtually valueless today.
Kind regards
Bob
Old hand, slow fingers.
Posted 01/02/2012 - 23:37
Link
That certainly feels about right.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2470 posts
17 years
South London
Thats interesting, I wonder what those prices equate to now.
The RPI for Jan 1990 was 119.5
The RPI for Dec 2011 was 239.4
So that's an increase 0f 2.003x..... near as dammit 2x
So the 50mm f/1.7 would be £120 and
the 50mm f/1.4 £200
The cheapest SFXn + 50mm f/1.7 kit would be £700
Looking at other lenses the prices today look very much
on the high side apart from Macro lenses which are
cheaper.