Eyepiece correction dioptres

digikid-tv

Link Posted 11/03/2005 - 11:22
I have the memory that it was possible to purchase M series eyepiece correction dioptres from the Pentaxuser.co.uk site. I can not find them today, has the possibility gone or does my fading eyesight prevent me from seeing it?
Alternatively, is a +2 dioptre likely to be stocked in a photo shop these days?
John

Kim C

Link Posted 11/03/2005 - 12:43
Hi John,
They are still here at 7.99. Look under "price list" rather than shop online!

Alternatively take this shortcut https://www.pentaxuser.com/pages/pricelist/pl_mfacc.htm

Kim

digikid-tv

Link Posted 11/03/2005 - 14:19
Hi Kim,

Thanks for finding the price list, but is it still possible to actually make an online purchase from the site? I cannot see the option any more.
John

Kim C

Link Posted 11/03/2005 - 15:45
Hi John,

At the top of the page it says "Please note that this list is provided purely for our Readers convenience, we don't sell all the items on it." I guess the answers no

I checked the Pentax site and they don't list them anymore. However, if you go to the Jessops site (www.jessops.com) they are still listing them at the same price. Look under accessories, then camera accessories, eyepiece correction, tick Pentax, and then search.

Kim

digikid-tv

Link Posted 11/03/2005 - 15:53
Hi Kim,

Thanks for the information. I will give Jessops a try.
John

digikid-tv

Link Posted 16/04/2005 - 09:53
I also needed an eyepiece correction lens for my K1000. The M ones do not fit well, they are too large (surprisingly) and do not clip on correctly.

In my quest to track down something suitable, I have found that a Canon item from the FD era (A-1, FTb etc) is a perfect fit and gives a useful correction. Perhaps there was some kind of standard back then?

Hope this helps someone else with fading eyes!
John

George Lazarette

Link Posted 16/04/2005 - 18:02
Pentax changed the size of its viewfinders when it introduced the M series cameras. All previous cameras, screw and K, used one size, and all cameras from M onwards used another.

G
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.