EXIF Data
Posted 14/03/2007 - 14:44
Link
The EXIF data carries a simple 2-byte lens ID. It's not a full "name".
Only the Pentax browser decodes the ID and shows the lens name. That's why some of the third party lenses show up with Pentax lens names (at least the Tokina AT-X Pro lens I had did!).
Nothing else decodes the lens data from the EXIF. (There is a file that contains a table of the ID-to-name information, should you wish to go looking for it!)
Matt
Only the Pentax browser decodes the ID and shows the lens name. That's why some of the third party lenses show up with Pentax lens names (at least the Tokina AT-X Pro lens I had did!).
Nothing else decodes the lens data from the EXIF. (There is a file that contains a table of the ID-to-name information, should you wish to go looking for it!)
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 14/03/2007 - 15:40
Link
Thanks for the reply...
I don't suppose you'd know which field that is ? (without your taking the time to do research - I can do that...)
I don't suppose you'd know which field that is ? (without your taking the time to do research - I can do that...)
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
Posted 14/03/2007 - 15:45
Link
the ones which amuse me are the A series lenses, which don't have a lens ID so are just reported as "a lens"
yes, I know, it's reporting that it's an A series lens, but it cracks me up every time.
yes, I know, it's reporting that it's an A series lens, but it cracks me up every time.
Posted 14/03/2007 - 18:45
Link
Actually, Adobe Camera Raw will display lens data in the File Info tab.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



248 posts
19 years
Ontario,
Canada
Really impressed with this body, and the fact that my old glass works is awesome... too bad TTL is gone - I could have gone without the extra expense of a PTTL flash...
I do have a question though - I noticed in Pentax Browser that the EXIF displays what lens I use, provided it's a Pentax lens. Is there any way for me to edit the Exif and add this info for my Sigma lenses ? I've tried a few different freeware Exif Editors, but none of them even display the lens like Pentax browser...
Any Ideas?
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror