Excited!

gartmore

Link Posted 10/10/2012 - 20:12
My bargain Q arrived from SRS this afternoon, I haven't been this excited about a new camera in a very long time, like Puma I keep lifting it up to my eye

The viewfinder is now a 'must'
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

fritzthedog

Link Posted 10/10/2012 - 20:28
Ken - I know the feeling - I don't think I put mine down for 3 days after it arrived and yes the viewfinder is a must especially with the standard lens.

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

johnriley

Link Posted 10/10/2012 - 21:14
It's great to be excited about a new camera after working with cameras daily for many years. The magic is still there!
Best regards, John

MarkD

Link Posted 10/10/2012 - 23:45
I went for the Sony RX100 as a pocket rocket and I'm struggling without a viewfinder too. Surprising what a difference it makes to older eyes.
My eyesight is the only thing I miss.....
.........all the gear, no idea!
Me super, MX, LX, K5,DA 18-55WR, DA 17-70, DA 55-300, DA40 Ltd, FA50 1.4, Samsung D-Xenon 12-24,Samsung 100mm macro M50 1.7(x3), M28 3.5, M35 2.8, M100macro f4, M135 3.5(+others)
Last Edited by MarkD on 10/10/2012 - 23:45

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 11/10/2012 - 08:58
The Sony RX100 looks great! Talking of pocket rockets, I picked up a bargain NEX-3 last week, with 16mm pancake. TBH it works better with my Pentax-M lenses than my K7 (the focus peaking works superbly). Even with lens + adapter, it fits my hoody or jacket pocket.

I still really like the look and feel of the Q, but for me K-mount compatability is worth a little extra size.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Last Edited by Pentaxophile on 11/10/2012 - 09:00

MattMatic

Link Posted 11/10/2012 - 09:54

Personally, I find I haven't missed the viewfinder as much as I thought I would

To use the Q is such a delight - and it's incredibly inconspicuous! Most people don't seem to mind you taking a portrait with the prime lens - there's more personal eye contact and less "camera-in-yer-face" that scares others off.

Just had an 16x12" print done (of the dog shot - but the one straight from LR with no Topaz) and I am incredibly pleased with the quality!

Enjoy your new toy Ken!!

Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

dcweather

Link Posted 13/10/2012 - 14:13
Yes, got mine from SRS last week as ex demo, but appears brand new to me. Just taken some pics in Venice and will post when get a chance. There is just something about it .... je ne sais quoi, but it's got it!

gartmore

Link Posted 13/10/2012 - 16:43
Absolutely! Mine was from the depths of the bargain basement and came without battery charger. Non pentax one arrived this morning and doesn't work!

So another few days without taking any pics
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.